Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start when I don't have enough to pay off debt

tag
oneofayykind
New Contributor

Where to start when I don't have enough to pay off debt

I just pulled my 3 bureau report and scores. My scores are 539/509/549. I have 4 accounts that have been charged off, one credit card that I've paid late on 60 days once (capital one), and a Verizon Residential account that is reporting as negative that I'm trying to fight to get removed. 

One of these accounts is an Amex with a balance of $7k that I'm hoping I can PFD. It's not something I'm going to be able to do in the next 3 months however. My biggest charge off is Navy Fed with a $20k balance. I've received settlement offers in the past from them to settle at about $7k, though I don't have the money to do that right now either.

I also have a past mortgage listed that was over 120 days late at one point before selling the house in May. It never went to foreclosure but that still remains as a 120+ negative on my report. 

The last is a Hann Financial lease where I owed money at the end of the lease, and turned the lease in but wasn't able to pay the difference of what I owed.

I'm trying to figure out where I start to get these things removed and get my score up and what steps I might be able to take. I can't figure out the DoFD on any of these accounts either.

I have 3 open cards that I use, however they are currently all maxed out, including the Cap One card that I have been late in paying.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to start when I don't have enough to pay off debt

@oneofayykind wrote:

I just pulled my 3 bureau report and scores. My scores are 539/509/549. I have 4 accounts that have been charged off, one credit card that I've paid late on 60 days once (capital one), and a Verizon Residential account that is reporting as negative that I'm trying to fight to get removed. 

One of these accounts is an Amex with a balance of $7k that I'm hoping I can PFD. It's not something I'm going to be able to do in the next 3 months however. My biggest charge off is Navy Fed with a $20k balance. I've received settlement offers in the past from them to settle at about $7k, though I don't have the money to do that right now either.

I also have a past mortgage listed that was over 120 days late at one point before selling the house in May. It never went to foreclosure but that still remains as a 120+ negative on my report. 

The last is a Hann Financial lease where I owed money at the end of the lease, and turned the lease in but wasn't able to pay the difference of what I owed.

I'm trying to figure out where I start to get these things removed and get my score up and what steps I might be able to take. I can't figure out the DoFD on any of these accounts either.

I have 3 open cards that I use, however they are currently all maxed out, including the Cap One card that I have been late in paying.

Work on your current credit accounts first and get them in order before attacking the old accounts.

Message 2 of 3
oneofayykind
New Contributor

Re: Where to start when I don't have enough to pay off debt

I just got off the phone with someone from Verizon Residential in their credit reporting department and they told me they would not remove the negative. Does anyone have info on writing a letter to verizon residential to have a negative removed? I already paid the balance of $170 that was owed.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.