Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to start?

I've pulled my Fico scores, Experian 699, TU 680 and Equifax 658. I'm preparing to build a home hopefully in the next 2 years so I need my credit score to increase a lot!!

the following are negatives that are showing on my credit reports:

amazon- $500 charge off

credit one bank- charge off 1,500

first point collections- 3 different entries (medical bills) open account

$6- which I have recently paid

$160-  recently paid

$231- not paid 

portfiolio collections- 2 entries in collections

$707

$1,700

should I begin with goodwill letters?  Should I dispute directly to the collection agency or with the credit bureaus?  

i also have a sallie Mae school loan that has been paid for several years now that is showing paid and closed on all but one report ( still says open)....  Should I request for it to be closed? 

I'm brand new at this so thanks for all the assistance!!! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Where to start?

Yes you can try GW letters on the ones that you already paid. It may take mulitple attempts and is never a guarantee, but worth the try. As for the accounts with balances, you can try to offer a pay for deletion on those. It doesn't always work, but again worth trying.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say one of the first things to do is to pull your actual credit reports (not the same as pulling scores or reports from a monitoring site) and see what the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) is for your accounts. This wI'll let youknow when the accountswill fall off your reportsand also if they are past SOL. It may make a difference in the advice you get and a plan of action.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I did check that out and one is showing last date of payment 5/2010, so I think I'll let that one just fall off me t year!

I paid $1 for the 7 day free trail for the fico scores.... Is that the accurate scores? I do use credit karma also, but I realized those were not accurate. I'm also signed up through Equifax.com for their monitoring services. It was 4.95 for one month. It only allows you to get all 3 credit bureau scores once, but updates equafax as often as you like.
Thanks again for the advise!!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditchecktotal has actual FICO 08 scores. Last payment is not the same as a Date of First Delinquency. Those date usually vary a lot. DOLA has no bearing on when an account will come off of reports, only DoFD.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the website I used to get the credit scores!  I did not realize there was a difference in the last date of payment and the first reported delinquency!  I've pulled my credit report up and there actually 2 dates.  Date of first delinquency 6/2010 and then date major delinquency first reported 12/2010.  Which one would I go by?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Delinquency. So this account will be coming off your reports in June of next year
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.