cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Bureau is the toughest? What kind of CS do I need for a department store CC?

tag
lo_nc84

Which Credit Bureau is the toughest? What kind of CS do I need for a department store CC?

I have been working hard disputing things on my CR. Have gotten a lot deleted and one that drops of shortly. I am left with a medical bill and leasing left. Neither I can pay as both have some bogus nature to them. Either way to the point. I have gotten a CC from First Premier Bank and in addition to deleted CA's have come from a CS of 540 to 635. Equifax is holding me at 582. What kind of CS do I need (generally) to get a CC with a department store? I have heard they are a good way to rebuild your credit as they typically have lower standards for CS's. What's your thoughts on this? Last but not least what kind of score do I need for a mortage loan? I would have a 40% down payment? Any answer to any of the questions is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
policebox
Contributor

Re: Which Credit Bureau is the toughest? What kind of CS do I need for a department store CC?

For the medical collection, do a search for the Whychat method of HIPAA disputes. That should help you be able to get the medical collection deleted from your reports.

As for department store cards, I would say you would need scores of 580 or above, preferably in the 600s. If there are stores that you would shop at that have cards backed by Comenity Bank, then you could try the shopping cart trick. If you are unfamiliar with it, try a search of the forum for more information. But you can frequently get their cards with only a soft credit pull. I got cards from J.Crew and Victoria's Secret this way.

Message 2 of 3
lo_nc84

Re: Which Credit Bureau is the toughest? What kind of CS do I need for a department store CC?

Thanks. I'd love love to get the medical bill of my CR. Will check out the shopping cart trick. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.