cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Monitoring Service Should I Use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which Credit Monitoring Service Should I Use?

My friend uses www.mycreditkeeper.com and seems to be pleased. Any recommendations on which one I should use and which one is best value? Is there a big difference between all of them or do they basically do the same thing and provide access to the same info?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which Credit Monitoring Service Should I Use?

We put together a list with tidbits of info on each:

Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i read through that already. trying to figure out still wants the best option. seeing as my score with each of the three bureaus will vary slightly, was wondering which service will give me the best feel on how my FICO scores change each month.... but its my understanding that I cant get my experian FICO using most services. 

So was wondering what people use and what works best for them.

Message 3 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i read through that already. trying to figure out still wants the best option. seeing as my score with each of the three bureaus will vary slightly, was wondering which service will give me the best feel on how my FICO scores change each month.... but its my understanding that I cant get my experian FICO using most services. 

Unfortunately you can't get an EX FICO score from any monitoring service that I'm aware of. No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

And as you see in that list, the number offering FICOs is very finite. About 90% of those services offer FAKOs.

Message 5 of 9
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

If your more concerned about what's actually on your repo...

If your more concerned about what's actually on your report, as oppose to the FICO score itself, I'd recommend the credit watch through USAA.  Its what i use, and I can generate new reports from all 3 bureaus EVERY day.  I don't get a real score, but i do get an email and a text message when there is a change to a report.  Its great to use, when going for PFDs, GWs, etc, because you can check everyday to see if you're making progress.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 6 of 9
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

Re: If your more concerned about what's actually on your repo...

I'm using USAA credit check monitoring too!  it's great!  Didn't realize it was a FAKO score, but it is really quick with letting you know any changes in your CRA

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use USAA also and the fact it can be pulled everyday is nice. I use this site for the EQ and TU FICO but the USAA site is great to see the details when a change occurs
Message 8 of 9
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

USAA hands down. Best way to track your progress...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.