Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which card if any?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which card if any?

Hey, thanks for the response. I applied for the quicksilver card because I figured it was my best chance for acceptance. And yes I do have a Bank of America account, its only a few months old though.
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the TOTAL collection accounts are under $1000...why not wipe them out?

I'm amazed at how many times we let small legit debts screw us up.....Pay 'da lady!

Many times, that act alone may bump your profile enough to be approved....

If all accounts can't be paid ...maybe 2 can

then a dispute, which likely won't be challenged by the now 'paid' creditor...hence a deleted account = less damaging info on profile.

Some when trying to chasing credit to 'show' we can PAY....it might help to PAY something we owe on anyway.

These collections are debts we owe anyway, so there really isn't a 'loss' ....you ordered the steak, you ate the steak, PAYING for the steak, even late, with fees

moves yoi forward, towards proving you're a 'payer'.....well?

That with some of those auto HP's falling off due to a little age or again disputing you'll get an approval or two...then let payments and TIME work it's magic.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

With your scores you should have tried for either the Platinum or Quicksilver One, not the Quicksilver. They're different cards with different requirements.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry Quicksilver one is the card I applied for. And as far as paying the collections I'm currently in the process of disputing them. if that doesn't work then I will definitely send out some pfd letters. 

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, the disputing depends on how old and how true the accounts are.

If you can get your hands on a few bucks, it may be quicker to pay 1or 2 of them, then take $200-$300 bucks and either
a) App for a $200 Secured Discover
or if you're completely burned
B) App one of those no credit check-if-you-deposit-you-are-approved cards

That will get you a TL on your reports, even if you continue to dispute you'll be working both ends.
Either way your score will improve, then on to the next step.

Good luck
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahret we are in same starting I have 619 and was approved with Cap 1 for $1000. You said that few months later you got it up to $5000 was that after the steps program ? 5 months? What can you advise so that I can also get that huge jump I literally just charged $500 on my card yesterday and paid it off as soon as it showed balance on my account. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It happened almost exactly to the day I opened my card through the steps program 😀

At the time it went through I had a $700 balance. Really all I did was consistently make payments on time for ALL of my credit accounts (usually at least a week before it's due). Overall my utilization was somewhere around 20%. Between the time I had opened the card and gotten the CLI my score had gone up at least 60 points with each bureau. I have only one negative on my report from about 5 years ago- an account that went into collections.

Hope this helps!

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why focusing on score alone is misleading!
@mahret had a mature profile in addition to other accounts.

It's fool's gold to think that the average profile or a new to credit profile is gonna jump from 1k to 5k during Cap-1's step process....just NOT reasonable.

If a person with a prior file, even with a BK or a repo looks like they are BACK...that profile may get a bump but if there isn't prior evidence it's not likely anybody goes Hollywood in 5 payments.

Measure your expectations with where YOUR profile is ppl, no matter the SCORE.

20 y.o. kids can get a 725 score with 10 payments on their 1st card but secondary UW ain't giving that thin file the same juice as a thick 685.

The score gets you in the parking lot but there is still a bouncer checking ID at the door and yet another prior to the VIP room.
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gemini I think that's some pretty sound advice that you gave.

Just for some additional background information... At the time I did have a somewhat thin file, and a couple of months after opening that Quicksilver One card I opened a Victoria's Secret and Amazon Visa with Chase. When I applied for the account I only had one credit card for two years (USAA) that I had been making on time payments on. No loans or mortgages. 

Message 19 of 22
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

I did the secured card for 6 months then apped for platinum with scores much lower then yours. I also had 23 old collections when I first applied.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.