cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the best way to pull cr's to dispute under 30 day period, not the 45?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is the best way to pull cr's to dispute under 30 day period, not the 45?

Been rebuilding for some time, but new to forum. I'd like to pull all 3 cr's and be able to correct/dispute but under the 30 day turnaround period.  Don't want to give them any extra ammunition.  I've read here in forum about credit check total.  Is that accurate on reports and scores?  Worth it?...or call them up individually and pay for it?  I've done so much, I can't recall if I've used my free annual ones, but not interested in that if it gives them 45 days.  I don't think I've used the free ones yet. Get dizzy trying to remember. Ideas/Methods appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BrianKill
Valued Member

Re: Which is the best way to pull cr's to dispute under 30 day period, not the 45?

To make the 30-day limit apply, you must actually pay for a report, so no free annual reports or any other freebies.

By far the best, most complete reports are those printed out and mailed to you by the CRA's.  The level of detail is greater than you will see by printing out online reports.

That said, call each CRA, give them your CC number, and ask them to mail you out a printed report.  You should have it within a week.  Then use that report to dispute from.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which is the best way to pull cr's to dispute under 30 day period, not the 45?

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking for complete accuracy from each.  Just wanted some insight from forum members.  Been getting removals but I wasn't having to pull reports myself and forgot the best method. And after reading so much on this forum in the last few days, I wanna make every move i make count.  Thanks for your feedback

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, Just finished ordering all 3 individual reports.  CSR's are pretty sneaky trying to get me to take the free one.  Guess I was entitled to it.  I had to repeatedly correct them and tell them to charge me.  (Normally not telling or insisting a company to charge....felt weird).  Transunion came back on the call and sneakily said it was processed and there was no charge.  I went back and forth and they insisted by law...they could not charge me.  After further discussion, they simply said they could not account for the way the other two bureaus responded or handled it, but that the 30 day dispute time-frame applies even to their free report.  They insisted.  What else could I do at that point.  So now I have all 3 reports coming my way.  We'll see how things look, now that I'm getting more personally active in this process....once again.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, Just finished ordering all 3 individual reports.  CSR's are pretty sneaky trying to get me to take the free one.  Guess I was entitled to it.  I had to repeatedly correct them and tell them to charge me.  (Normally not telling or insisting a company to charge....felt weird).  Transunion came back on the call and sneakily said it was processed and there was no charge.  I went back and forth and they insisted by law...they could not charge me.  After further discussion, they simply said they could not account for the way the other two bureaus responded or handled it, but that the 30 day dispute time-frame applies even to their free report.  They insisted.  What else could I do at that point.  So now I have all 3 reports coming my way.  We'll see how things look, now that I'm getting more personally active in this process....once again.

The time they have to process a dispute has no relation at all to whether you got a free report or a purchased report. It has to do with how the dispute is submitted. Disputes submitted by mail have 30 days plus 5 business days for mailing the results. Disputes phoned in have 30 days. Disputes submitted electronically (don't ask me why, I have no clue) have an extra 15 days.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, I will take that into consideration when i receive them and dispute.  So phoned -in seems the way to go. You're not left with any proof you did it in your hands, but probably still worth it.  Faster than dealing with snail mail.  Thanks for the insight. Appreciated

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ok, I will take that into consideration when i receive them and dispute.  So phoned -in seems the way to go. You're not left with any proof you did it in your hands, but probably still worth it.  Faster than dealing with snail mail.  Thanks for the insight. Appreciated

You have the right to record the call.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting.  Good idea! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.