Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the better of the two lemons?

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Which is the better of the two lemons?

So we have several collections. We have settled some and some we have paid in full. Which is better once at this point of it actually being in collections? I know to never have it go there in the first place and PFD and GW but if that doesnt work I am left with the two options above. So which would be favorabale to a lender like for a mortgage for example? collection paid or collection settled for lesser amount and paid? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which is the better of the two lemons?

@SSH0126 wrote:

So we have several collections. We have settled some and some we have paid in full. Which is better once at this point of it actually being in collections? I know to never have it go there in the first place and PFD and GW but if that doesnt work I am left with the two options above. So which would be favorabale to a lender like for a mortgage for example? collection paid or collection settled for lesser amount and paid? 

PIF always looks better than settled to a human reviewer.

Message 2 of 3
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Re: Which is the better of the two lemons?

Thanks. We will have a mixture but I will most certainly do what I can to pay some of the smaller ones in full. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.