cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which myFICO credit monitoring package do you have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which myFICO credit monitoring package do you have?

@Anonymous wrote:

In your opinion, which is the better of the two products- myFICO 3B or CCT?

That's hard to answer, but since I subscribe to the 3B I guess it's the 3B for me.  I used to have 

balances on 3 or 4 credit cards and received Fico 8 updates 3 or 4 times a month.  I now only

have one card reporting a balance so I see an update when my auto loan payment posts and

when my Cap 1 reports.  My quarterly 3B will drop on 4/28/16.  I'm looking to refi my wifes 

car and they use EX 2, so I'm waiting to see that score updated before I apply.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I'm still actively rebuilding maybe CCT would be better?? I'm going to check the forum for past posts. Thanks for sharing! 

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I ended up joining CCT last night for the trial.  I think it is kind of diffcult to navigate but I am sure I will be able to get the hang of it.  I also joined myfico last night because CCT was pretty disappointing to me.  I think it depends what you want to use it for.  Are you planning to buy a house, car or another big purchase in the near future?  I plan on sticking with myfico since we are planning to buy a house pretty soon.  It gives you so many different scoring models that is what we need. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

Have you considered credit check total? You get a new 3 bureau report each month that uses FICO8 scoring model and daily Experian reports. You can get a 7 day trial for $1. I forgot what the monthly cost is after 7 days, but many have called to cancel and get a 50% off discount.

https://www.creditchecktotal.com/

I have a question as well with CCT it says almost all collection accounts are closed but they are not.  Is that how it is suppose to report?  It really confusing for me.  Any help would be appreciated! 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are about a year and a half to two years off buying a house. I like the different scoring models that myFICO offers, yet the more frequent credit report updates and scores are what I need. However, I only have about 3 baddies that I'm trying to do pfd to get them off the report and I'd like to know quickly the changed scores and see them reflect on the report. 

//TORN//

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That does sound confusing. I'm sure someone that uses it will answer your question soon. 

Btw- if you are in the 314- you're in my neck of the woods! 

Message 16 of 21
Jamgal40
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I ended up joining CCT last night for the trial.  I think it is kind of diffcult to navigate but I am sure I will be able to get the hang of it.  I also joined myfico last night because CCT was pretty disappointing to me.  I think it depends what you want to use it for.  Are you planning to buy a house, car or another big purchase in the near future?  I plan on sticking with myfico since we are planning to buy a house pretty soon.  It gives you so many different scoring models that is what we need. 

I also find CCT to be a little difficult to navigate. It's just blah. I am trying it for a month to see how it works out for me and I also have the 3b monthly plan. If CCT doesn't work out I will cancel it in a few weeks and stick to the 3B.

Fico 8 Feb 29 '16: EQ 606| TU 586| EX 617 Currently: EQ 656 | TU 652| EX 686
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamgal40 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I also find CCT to be a little difficult to navigate. It's just blah. I am trying it for a month to see how it works out for me and I also have the 3b monthly plan. If CCT doesn't work out I will cancel it in a few weeks and stick to the 3B.

Do you have any collection accounts showing on CCT?  I am thinking of even calling them.  The whole reason I joined last night is because Credit Karma has my Midland account closed. Equifax has it opened on Credit Karma.  Then I joined CCT it shows them all closed.  Now I am just as confused. 

Message 18 of 21
Jamgal40
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jamgal40 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have any collection accounts showing on CCT?  I am thinking of even calling them.  The whole reason I joined last night is because Credit Karma has my Midland account closed. Equifax has it opened on Credit Karma.  Then I joined CCT it shows them all closed.  Now I am just as confused. 

I currently have a dispute pending with Midland for over 30 days now, so the CRAs have removed that account, pending the outcome. So as of this moment, neither CCT or Myfico are showing a collection account and CK shows Midland as removed on both Eq and TU.

Fico 8 Feb 29 '16: EQ 606| TU 586| EX 617 Currently: EQ 656 | TU 652| EX 686
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate making 1 yr commitments, so that's why I only considered the monthly plans. That way if it doesn't live up to the standards that I need, I can cancel it. 

Thanks! 

There is no year long commitment. You can cancel it at any time. $14.97 for daly Experian and monthly triple report pulls, with FICO 8 scores is the best deal out there right now. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.