Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which would raise my scores fastest?

tag
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Which would raise my scores fastest?

Hello. I am currently in the process of rebuilding my credit. Majority of my debt is student loans. I have one for about $1,700 one for $2,300 and one for $13,000. I also have 5ccollections and two judgements.  I am debating on if I should use money to just go ahead and pay down my student loans by paying the two smaller balances off or should I do PFDs and try to get rid of the collections. Which direction should I take to get my score up fastest? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: Which would raise my scores fastest?

If the student loans are in good standing they are helping you.  I would address the collections and try to PFD them. 

Message 2 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would try to handle the judgements first as they are hurting your score the most. What was the judgements for?

Message 3 of 7
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

One is for $800 for Sprinleaf/American General..... but when i tried to contact them to pay they told me the debt has been sold to resurgent. Im currently researching and trying to find out if the state of Ga allows motion to vacate on a satisfied judgement before I pay it. I honestly still dk what route to take bc from what I have read a satisfied judgement on ur report doesnt help your score. The other is from quickclick loans... I dk what to do about that one either. Do u have any suggestions?

Message 4 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Having a satisfied judgment removed from your credit will help big time. My chapter 7 BK was removed early and I saw a 75 point increase. 

Message 5 of 7
titanofold
Established Contributor

Yup, do as the other's say.

Don't worry about the student loans at all. Paying them down won't necessarily help, and paying them off could hurt. Just keep making payments.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@gagirl82 wrote:

One is for $800 for Sprinleaf/American General..... but when i tried to contact them to pay they told me the debt has been sold to resurgent. Im currently researching and trying to find out if the state of Ga allows motion to vacate on a satisfied judgement before I pay it. I honestly still dk what route to take bc from what I have read a satisfied judgement on ur report doesnt help your score. The other is from quickclick loans... I dk what to do about that one either. Do u have any suggestions?

While a satisfied judgment may not garner any points (YMMV), taking care of it will stop any further actions due to the judgment.    GA has one of the shortest SOLs for the collection of a judgment which is 7 years but it can be renewed.

Paying it will stop wage garnishmnets etc.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.