Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whitney's Journal (Finally)

tag
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Re: UPDATE!

Congrats on all your progress! Keep up the good work!! I just read your entire journal.  Staying diligent is definitely the key.  Can you please PM me more information about how you got Sallie Mae to delete your lates.  I have 3 lates from when my student loans should have been in deferment that I would love to get rid of. Thanks in advance!

Message 31 of 43
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@gagirl82 wrote:

Congrats on all your progress! Keep up the good work!! I just read your entire journal.  Staying diligent is definitely the key.  Can you please PM me more information about how you got Sallie Mae to delete your lates.  I have 3 lates from when my student loans should have been in deferment that I would love to get rid of. Thanks in advance!

My loans were rehabbed, that's why they updated the lates. I called the regular number on google LOL. And then just faxed them whatever they asked for.

Thanks so much!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 32 of 43
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Whitneyy wrote:

UPDATE - AUGUST 6, 2014 

It's been about a month or more since I've posted an update to this journal, and as always changes have been made! 

I have recieved two early exclusions from Experian. One from an old Capital One account I settled back in 2007 (the account was in the negative section of my credit reports) and the Macy's charge off. I called about the Capital One account two weeks ago and it came off the next day, and today I called about the Macy's report. The guy was extremely nice! He told me that I would receive an email confirmation within 72 hours. On my Experian report, I will only have THREE negative accounts. TWO still include the PDM payments that I'm making biweekly, so sooner than later they will be removed. No rush. I still haven't paid MRS BPO and they haven't updated since 2013. I don't want to bother them especially if they are NOT willing to do a PFD. 

My Transunion reports also came back today, they also deleted the Macy's Charge off (Capital One was deleted some months ago for me) but verified the late payments with Sallie Mae which did not make any sense. So I called up Sallie Mae today, YET AGAIN and told them what happened, AGAIN they asked for a copy of my Transunion report and to send off a letter stating what I needed done. I have faxed it off, and I guess I will wait the 30 days I always seem to wait for Sallie Mae to handle things on their end. 

I have obtained a Victoria's Secret Credit Card $250 due to the shopping cart trick! I was so so so shocked. I don't plan to use it until Octoberish where all the balances on my other credit lines are 0. I read here that these cards will get CLIs upon usage. I plan to use and pay in full each month.

My reports have between 12-15 positive accounts, and that's only because some accounts don't report to each one. My loans come out of deferment this month and I have already set up the payments for that.

I am so excited for January, I know I say this EVERY update, but I really am. 

Grats to all your success, great work here Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 43
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Got an email from Sallie Mae today

"Please do not respond to this automated message. Emails sent to this address are not monitored.

Your Credit Documentation document(s) for your loan(s) was received today, and we'll update your account within (5) business days. You can monitor the status of your loan(s) by logging into your account at SallieMae.com."

We will see next Friday what happens, my fingers are crossed!

Message 34 of 43
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

UPDATE - SEPTEMBER 4, 2014

So my last update, I was waiting on Sallie Mae to update my final tradeline from the rehab program I completed in October. I am happy to say that they have finally updated and deleted all the negatives. Nothing is reported. No claim for government, NO lates. It was aggravating to keep calling them and trying to figure out what was going on but I can say I am happy I did! It took a lot of patience but it is completed.

As of now, I have TWO negative tradelines on Transunion which are for PDM for the apartment I WAS paying on. I moved and I had to move around finances so I had to stop paying for now but I'm going to get back at it really soon because they will delete when it's done and then Transunion will be collection free. Experian has THREE, the only difference in that one is MRS BPO who has not updated, so I'm not going to bother them especially since they did not want to do a PFD ANYWAY. Equifax has FOUR, two medicals and the TWO from the apartments. One of the medicals are $81 and will delete upon payment, so when everything is situated, I'll get that handled first and then go back to work on the apartments. The other medical is for $200 copay when I went to the emergency room. That will get paid eventually.

My reports are almost collection free and 2015 is right around the corner. I do not know my scores, nor will I find them out until January. 

I don't know if I have wrote this but I did obtain a Victoria's Secret card via the shopping cart trick for $250. I used only $33 of it and it's on automatic payment for the 12th so it'll be back at a $0 balance until the annual sale comes around. I've read that if I use it a lot I will get upgraded, maybe I will after I pay down the balance on my Capital One cards. Also, I'm almost done paying off my Fingerhut balance of $244 (limit was $250) for revoling line and like I said, I moved and wanted to show usage so I used that, I'm down to $169 I'm going to make $50 payments until it's done. I can't wait until everything is at a $0 balance. I know I'm not supposed to have $0 balances, but I'm going to carry those for a few. 

I ALSO BROUGHT ANOTHER CAR!!!!! LOL. I KNOW I KNOW! My partner needed a car, her transmission was supposedly about to blow and I was like blahhhh. I got this paper in the mail saying I prequalifed for this offer at a Dodge dealership so I was curious. I know they just send those things out but apparently they soft pulled my Experian report and that's what got that letter sent to me. She got a 2011 Chevy Malibu. The interest rate is DUMB high, (17%) and I already had an open car loan for my car (14% interest rate). We plan to refiance them both in March, so I really don't care much about the interest NOW. It was just something that had to get done and it did and I'm happy. We only put down $600 and drove off the same day. She's happy, so am I. 

Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats with FINALLY getting Sallie Mae to cooperate, so happy for you. Congrats on the NEW car also. Your journey has been very inspiring, keep up the good work.

Message 36 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Whitney's Journal (Finally)

WOW! Solid proof that it is a marathon and not a sprint! What perseverence! Way to go! ALmost there!

Message 37 of 43
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW! Solid proof that it is a marathon and not a sprint! What perseverence! Way to go! ALmost there!

This is a true statement! Thank you!

Message 38 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

This inspires me to do a journal as well. I just started and I get overwhelmed unless I see something in writing.

Maybe I will work on that! It is so inspiring to read someone elses journey.

Message 39 of 43
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

UPDATE - DECEMBER 11, 2014

It has been three months since I've updated this journal and mainly because nothing has really happened! This is really a slow race and I'm okay with that because I was rebuilding my credit for my satisfaction only and to buy a house in 2016. I have finally brought my FICO scores, but will only say that my Transunion is 636 at it's highest. The others drop and rise too often for me to really consider those scores. By the end of January, I'll post everything of how they went up and down for anyone who follows this journal. I still only have the TWO apartment collections which I pay when I have extra money. It used to be on autopay but I ended up moving and well yeah.. 

I obtained two new Capital One cards with the limits of $300 each. Very low. But I am in the credit steps program. I am running a few bills through the two cards and sending wayy more than the minimum every two weeks. I've read on here that's the for sure way to get the increase in March so I'm working on that. I found out today that they increased my secured card that I've had since March to $680. Meaning they gave me a $200 increase. I'm happy about that as well. I also run bills through that and send way more than minimum every two weeks, between $60-120. Never paying it all the way off. 

My gettington and fingerhut have really small balances and I hope to finish paying them off January 2nd and not use them period. I don't need anything from either site and just would like the open line of credit. 

I still have not refianaced my car. I'm thinking by October 2015. I know I thought I would've done it by this past October but I decided not to because I want to refiance BOTH cars at the same time. I also want a 2014 Chevy Impala so if that is better than refiancing, I'm surely going to do that instead. 

I don't really have any other major updates. Everything is paid on time. Everything is everything. Just need all these accounts I opened this year to age off. 

Feel free to ask any questions!

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.