cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who are the Capital One Goodwill Letter Committee?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who are the Capital One Goodwill Letter Committee?

Hi All,

Just spoke to rep from Cap1 and my goodwill request was denied.

She stated info was reporting correctly. I stated I was wasn't disputing that I was asking for a goodwill adjustment. No real answer to my statement.

I then asked what was the reason for being denied so I could try to make it right. She had no answer. Just it was no.

Asked why some get approved and some don't? She didn't know why.

Ask what I should try to do to get approved as there must be a way to get approved, reminding her that some poeple do, there must be a reason. She said she would be sending a letter out in regards to our conversations and really couldn't give an answer.

So who is the committee? 

Just the one person that you are one the phone with? They make the decision?

Anyone know?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Who are the Capital One Goodwill Letter Committee?

I got a 90 day late off my reports from October - December, what my lady said was she has to show it to her boss. She stated that even people in EO have people above them. She told me she'd vouch for me and she did just that.. 3 month old (90day late) was removed.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you call with a GW appeal or did you write and follow up with a call? How did you process play out. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was also told that she would be speaking to her bosses to get my 30 day late removed. I have done this on two separate occassions with no luck so far

Message 4 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I wrote to them 4 times and all the previous 3 times they only send me letters with a case number and such, the 4th time I wrote a new GW letter, they called me the next morning, 5 days later it was off of all 3 CRA. She said she would call me back in 24-48 hours and I never received that but it's okay because they changed my 90 day late to perfect payment history.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which mailing addy did you send it to if you don't mind telling me. Beech?

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It likely does not exist, and is used only to get you off the phone.

Credtiors, at least at the upper-management level, are aware that they agree via their credit reporting agreements with the CRAs not to delete based on payment of a debt.

It is not likely that they establish formal committees to make decisions not to comply with their formal business commitments.

Managment passes down compliance policies to its subordinates that echo their business commitments.

Exceptions thus are authorized by management officials on a case-by-case basis.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.