cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can I contact at Capital One to have an old charge-off removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I ask them to reopen it?

Thanks guys!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Minato08
Valued Member

Re: Who can I contact at Capital One to have an old charge-off removed?

Call customer service.  I called them for a good will deletion of old lates earlier this week.  Problem is that they deleted my information from the system.  They say they keep information for 10 years but obviously that's not the case.  It's 5. 

Message 2 of 6
morganirish
Regular Contributor

Minato,   Did they delete the lates from a closed or open account?   I have a couple of 30 day lates from almost 3yrs ago and I have sent a kazillion gw letters to no avail.  the account is open.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if I can try disputing them on the credit report.....mine is 4 years old and it's closed

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if I can try disputing them on the credit report.....mine is 4 years old and it's closed

They can report for 7 yrs past DOFD.

In many cases, you wouldn't want it removed. Look at your AAoA within a given CR and look at the age of this TL (date opened through today). If the age of this card is older than your AAoA, then your score can drop if removed. YMMV based on your scoring bucket, other baddies, age of course, etc.

Message 5 of 6
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

I assume that you are talking about a PAID charge-off?  If not, I would stay as far away from CrapOne as possible until you are able to pay.  They are notorious for adding late fees, overlimit fees, etc. right up until the SOL date and then suing right before SOL is up.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.