Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do I have to kill...

tag
bear812c
Regular Contributor

Who do I have to kill...

I'm at my wits end with GEMB. I hate them! For some reason they will not remove the "Consumer Disputes Account Info" comment off of my reports. I can't figure out why! Calling, writing, faxing them, calling writing faxing the credit bureau has been a complete waste of my time. It has done nothing. My mortgage guy says we can't have any dispute comments on my reports so this is holding us back. Somehow I think they know this and are doing it intentionally. ? Oh and I've NEVER DISPUTED this account, only requested goodwill. I imagine the small minded pathetic demon who makes these decisions must be a miserable hateful despicable excuse for a human being. Should I just sue them for Oppression?? At this point I think thats the only way I may get their attention. Am I soundng crazy? Any better thoughts on what I should do here?? Please shoot me...your thoughts, that is.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Who do I have to kill...

Dispute comments are only supposed to be on there for 30 days or so.  Have you contacted the CRAs and ask them to remove them?  I had to do that with a couple of mine.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
bear812c
Regular Contributor

CRA

yes, ive called the CRA's and what they told me is that I hav e to file a dispute with them so that they can "ASK" GEMB to remove the comment. So that's what I've done, followed by a letter to GEMB saying that I am not and have not disputed this account and would like the comment removed. and it's still there.

Message 3 of 7
bear812c
Regular Contributor

i should add that I didn't file the dispute to remove the comment until the calling, faxing and writing to GEMB was unsuccessful. THATs when I called the credit bureau and they said that I had to file a dispute so that they could ask for removal. The CRA's are claiming they "can't" just remove it. I think they're all professional liars.

Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They are.. when I did it, TU and EX just removed them.  EQ said they couldn't.  I requested that they send me to Special Handling, and they removed it.  It's been awhile for me though.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 7
Teardrop
New Contributor

I just had all my account in dispute comments deleted just by calling the CRAs.  One of them I forget which maybe TU said they had to open a dispute but within a few days the comments were gone from all my reports.

Also for some reason I believe the comments stay on longer than 30 days.  Mine stayed for years until  asked them to be removed.

Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/31/2014 - No apps while waiting to apply for home loan!
Starting Score: EX 640 EQ 593 TU>592 Lender Pulled 3/30/2014
Goal Score: All Scores 730+

Message 6 of 7
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I literally had that dispute comment removed from my Cap One account yesterday. I just called and told the rep I wasn't disputing nothing. An hour later I got an email from auto.notification@blah blah blah and it was removed. Funny thing my scores jumped right back up to 717 from 697 due to that dispute comment being in place (Original scores post rebuilding was 726 before app spree). That's by the way but even with Transunion and Equifax all it always take is a phone call, never encountered difficulties removing that.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.