cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do I respond to - Resurgent? Or RPM?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who do I respond to - Resurgent? Or RPM?

Two weeks ago I sent a DV CMRRR to LVNV using the address provided on my credit rpt. A few days later I found that the address used was no longer valid so I did some research and found a few other addresses for this company and sent the same letters CMRRR to each address.  This week I received two letters pertaining to this account.  One was from Resurgent Capital Services- "Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding this account.  We have taken the necessary actions to ensure you will receive no further communication from Resurgent Capital Services ... enclosed please find an original validation of debt that verifies this debt."  The other from RPM (Receivable Performance Management LLC) whom I have not contacted stating "Our client, Resurgent Capital Services represents LVNV Funding LLC which is the current owner of your account.  The original creditor of your account was XXXXX.  If you have any questions please call..."  I'm not sure who I should now sent the PFD letter to. In my original letter I only stated the following: If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in the following Declaration, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist.

So my question is who should I now deal with Resurgent or RPM?  LVNV Funding is the company reporting on my CR, thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who do I respond to - Resurgent? Or RPM?

I know the advice is to never talk to a CA, but I think the quickest way to find out the answer is just call LVNV and ask.  Don't give up any personal information, obviously.  I think there are situations where a phone conversation is best.  You can just hang up if you need to . . .

OR send another letter to LVNV for clarification.  The information you've received is in conflict with itself . . .

Message 2 of 8
DST
Valued Member

I have had the same problem with LVNV/Resurgent Capital Services ...I personally think that they don't know what the "right hand" is doing from the "left".  When I realized that, I disputed the debt with LVNV (because they were reporting on the Credit report)  and they deleted the collection from all 3 CRA.  It might be worth a try...it won't hurt

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resurgent and LVNV are connected. I don't know about RPM-- might do some searching.

Sounds to me that RPM is collecting for Resurgent, who is collecting for LVNV.

LVNV currently owns the account based on the letters.

Do you agree with what they sent you regarding the debt?

I would PFD LVNV.

Message 4 of 8
DST
Valued Member

No, I didn't agree with they sent me...LVNV is probably collecting for the OC and now Resurgents are collecting for them.  In my situation, Resurgents contacted me first and then LVNV contacted me. However, I was willing to negotiate until I saw them being disorganzied...not being consistent with their information.  I have been told in the past to just dispute everything that you have a problem with and you'll never know what will happen.  I started doing that and things just started to get deleted off my credit report...I had an increase of 32 points on one of my reports.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

DST wrote:
No, I didn't agree with they sent me...LVNV is probably collecting for the OC and now Resurgents are collecting for them.  In my situation, Resurgents contacted me first and then LVNV contacted me. However, I was willing to negotiate until I saw them being disorganzied...not being consistent with their information.  I have been told in the past to just dispute everything that you have a problem with and you'll never know what will happen.  I started doing that and things just started to get deleted off my credit report...I had an increase of 32 points on one of my reports.

My post was directed at the OP.

However, I want to say that mass disputes can lead to many negative effects and it is always better to try and deal with the CA/OC to fix the problem and whatever other means available before involving the CRA.

Message 6 of 8
aquatic1
Established Contributor

I found out this information from the website. 

If you google LVNV you will get their website, however it doesn't say anything.  But at the bottom you will see the link for Resurgent.  I sent a DV request to LVNV and received a letter from Resurgent.  On the letter it has the list of all of the companies that fall under Resurgent.  LVNV and Receivables are listed.  After hitting another link it was shown that all of these fall under Sherman Financial.  Sherman Financial purchased my JCPenney account but LVNV is what is reporting.  Its just a way to get around State AG's and being able to complain about them.  Once one company gets in toruble they will then move it to another company owned by Sherman Financial.  Literally in a two day span of time I received thre letters...Resurgent, then LVNV then another CA collecting for LVNV.  I sent my PFD to LVNV as they are reporting.  Good luck on trying to completely figure it out!!!!

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Resurgent and LVNV are connected. I don't know about RPM-- might do some searching.

Sounds to me that RPM is collecting for Resurgent, who is collecting for LVNV.

LVNV currently owns the account based on the letters.

Do you agree with what they sent you regarding the debt?

I would PFD LVNV.

I don't think what they sent is completely accurate and they did not send me the legal document stating that I owe the debt or that they can add any finance charges to what is allegedly owed.  I do agree that I had and account with the OC but not for that amount, far less.  I asked them to send me the total amount they claim I owe, the calculations behind that total, the proof that I originally agreed to pay that debt, ID of OC and that they now own the debt, and proof that the SOL has not expired.  The only request that they met was to ID the OC.

I will send PFD to LVNV although I've had a lot of trouble tracking them down.  The address provided on my CR is no longer valid and my DV CMRRR was sent back to me.  I've used other addresses I've found here and on the web and so far have not rec'd a response from LVNV directly.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.