cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else is hoping for a productive week in credit rebuilding?

tag
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Who else is hoping for a productive week in credit rebuilding?

This morning I have 11 GW's going off, two settlement offers, and a letter to the US Dept of Ed about a student loan incorrectly reporting as 120+ day late a year after completing rehabilitation (and making payments on time since, the late is from 05 but still a major derogatory)

Should have a credit card report for a second month of pays as agreed as well.

Wishing all the rebuilders lots of successes this week!

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Re: Who else is hoping for a productive week in credit rebuilding?

Well since I started in Feb, I have taken off 7 baddies.

Last week I sent off 2 DV's for my husband.

Disputed something on his Equifax that is not his, this am.

Mailed out one C&D letter and one hospital bill that should be under a worker comp that they are sending a bill to us for under my husband.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 2 of 13
golo
Frequent Contributor

I sent 2 settlement letter last week Smiley Sad fingers cross....and i've been paying my cards as agree,good luck on yours!

Message 3 of 13
guydiver
Established Contributor

Congratulations to ya'll, and keep up the good work.  I know how hard it is.  Been going down this rebuilding road for over six years now.  Still digging out of a big hole.  Although my scores are greatly improved, I still am fixated on the remaining bad stuff.  I still have one account reporting negative on EX and EQ.  My EX annualcreditreport.com says it is due to go to positive status by 4/12, but it didn't as of a week or so ago when I got my monthly 3 bureau pull from Truecredit.  I don't know about EQ, but I am guessing they will start falling off in order(30,30,60,60,90) starting in June.  Either way it should all be gone this year.  Just paid off two of my four credit cards, and working on the third.  Need to get my utilization way down, but hoping for a boost when it goes below 30% by the end of this month.  Just don't get discouraged.  No matter what success you have or don't have getting deletions or whatever, everything is time limited.  It will eventually go away.  You just have to be sure you stay clean during the whole process of rebuilding.  It takes a lot of energy, thought, and planning to do it.  I know from personal experience.  It is a huge burden to bear once you realize the state you are in and then decide to do whatever it takes to get out of the mess you got yourself into.  Keep the faith.  Peace.

Message 4 of 13
whoathere
Valued Member

Since starting my journey on 4/2, I've seen some progress, tho my scores aren't updated yet. I've had two 30 day lates removed, and should have a paid collection removed this week as well as an old utility bill removed showing several 90 and 120 day lates. I will also have cc util down to 5% from 50. If all goes well, I have a lofty goal of a 100 point increase.
EQ: 629 FICO(4/4/12) 772 (6/1/2012) Lender Pull
EX: 692 FAKO(4/5/12)
TU: 707 FAKO(4/5/12) 741 (5/9/2012) Lender Pull
Message 5 of 13
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Good morning guys!!! I started my battle in jan.2012 and have seen some success. I was able to get 1 CA deleted which has not updated yet. I sent out a PFD for another CA, no response yet. Crossing fingers and toes. I also had "consumer disputes" removed from every account that was in dispute from a GW that the company reported as dispute. I have a long way to go but with the help of this forum I shall conquer this battle! We all will. Stay strong guys and good luck!!!!!!
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 6 of 13
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Me, me me!  Well I already had a nice surprise, Chase agreed to delete on Friday, and the TL is gone as of this a.m.!  Waiting on a response to see if Honda Financial will remove lates from an old, PIF acct.  Think I'll send a GW to Nordstroms to remove a couple lates from last year.

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 7 of 13
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Best of luck to everyone. This is like another job...but onward and upward we go!

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first day here. I have online disputes with EQ, EX, and TU that I did last week.

I have a 30 day late @ Macys in 6/2011, that was caused from not getting my bill due to USPS courier change in my area. I have called the backdoor number (800-627-2909) several times, when they state the policy is that it cant be removed. I have been with Macys for 8.5 years and I have had a zero balance for 3 months. Any ideas or just keep calling everyday?

Message 9 of 13
How2increase
Regular Contributor

I would type up a nice GW letter and send it via mail. Also do some digging to find some good email addresses for CEO, and anyone high up. You might not get them to budge the first time around but keep on sending letters and emails Smiley Happy good luck
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.