Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has had luck beating ERC (Enhanced Recovery)? HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who has had luck beating ERC (Enhanced Recovery)? HELP

Enhanced recovery is a pain, they tried to re-age debt and my hubby had to report them to the CFPB. Within 2 weeks they folded and pulled it off. Just depends on if they broke the law. The CFPB is the bomb. If you are having trouble then they might be able to help. Also, maybe look for different lenders? So sorry you are going through this!
Message 71 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this response today from Sprint and I'm not sure how to decipher it.

" I reviewed the account and I see the balance owing is at $0. You were
also advised by the outside collections agency by letter on 4/21 that
your account with them was closed because you paid the remaining balance
of $671.92 to us on 4/14/2015.

Further review of the account shows that you are no longer in write off
status, nor is your account currently under an outside collections
agency status, as the balance of $671.92 was paid in full."
Does this mean sprint did not recall and reverse?
Message 72 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

account close with them means they have absolutely no attachment or repsibilty with the account  thus no reason to report the file and they are potentially breaking FCRA laws by doing so ! Fax that over or email with GW they should remove it STAT!

Message 73 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I sent an email today to the VP. He actually responded back to me and had someone call me that was a senior analyst at Sprint. The senior analyst does various tasks, and I don't think he knew what he was talking about but the way he explained it to me is that there is still no way that they can remove it because even if I paid sprint the debt was still outstanding. He confused me to be honest! Because I emailed everyone all over Sprint today, I got that email back from Sprint care. I would like some more opinions on what that means. And I'm not sure if I should GW them after I just sent them an ITS today!
Message 74 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh ok did you seek any guidance?

some will give you free consultation ------either way this helps your cause big time!!  Remember that post i sent i got in trouble but the key with erc is they are not a jdb  thus after this letter they have zero responsibility at this point per sprint in relation to this account. I expect they will remove the account in the next day or two !!

Message 75 of 107
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I got this response today from Sprint and I'm not sure how to decipher it.

" I reviewed the account and I see the balance owing is at $0. You were
also advised by the outside collections agency by letter on 4/21 that
your account with them was closed because you paid the remaining balance
of $671.92 to us on 4/14/2015.

Further review of the account shows that you are no longer in write off
Does this mean sprint did not recall and reverse?

My interpretation of this is that they did not recall the collector prior to your payment. You are not currently in collections because its been paid so its a closed collection account. That being so the CA has the right to continue to report the TL on your report for the full 7.5 yrs from the DoFD of the account.

If the person at Sprint told you they were recalling you need to have them pull the tapes of that call. Your argument would be against Sprint and not the CA if this is the case,

Message 76 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

i disagree if this was jdb yes but sprint took the account out of collection and write off status thus thus ERC is completely eliminated from the responsilbilty of debt that includes reporting the Tradeline ! 

further review of the account shows that you are no longer in write off

Message 77 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, it was worth the fight n the time. Congratulation! :-)
Message 78 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, it was worth the fight n the time. Congratulation! :-)
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png

I will copy and paste that link, because I can't click on it. I'm still not convinced, and I'm so tired because I've been fighting this for a month. I sort of agree with gdale6, because the senior analyst who I spoke with today explained it to me just like he did. However the senior analyst also admitted that this wasn't his area of expertise and that he was going to do some more searching and call me back in the morning.
Message 79 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I wish someone was an expert in this area that I could get an answer this evening so I don't make an idiot of myself in the morning trying to fight something that isn't there. I don't want to risk sending that to ERC if it's wrong lol
Message 80 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.