cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who reports judgements to credit agencies?

tag
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Who reports judgements to credit agencies?

Hello,

I have been trying to look up two judgements I have on the court from which they were issued website.  I went to the site and typed in the docket information but nothing comes up. I called the clerk and she told me that court does not report to the credit agencies.  Does anyone know who reports the information?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Who reports judgements to credit agencies?

Scumbag bottom feeding companies collect the info and report it to CRAs, they are called "runners" in the industry.

Message 2 of 8
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Now if only they would mind their own business... if the courts dont report it neither should they. Geeze.

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@gagirl82 wrote:

Now if only they would mind their own business... if the courts dont report it neither should they. Geeze.

The CRAs hire them to do this.

Message 4 of 8
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Would you happen to know how I can search to find out if my judgements would appear on one of the companies reports?

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Try Lexis Nexis.  They are a big one who does this.  You can also order reports from them.

Message 6 of 8
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Ok. Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs have a vested interest in making their files as complete as possible, thus increasing their potential value to their customers.

They do their own checking of public record information, usually via hiring another to do the search.

It is for the very reason that public record information can find its way into a consumer's credit file without have been reported in the nornal sense by a "furnisher" that disputes pertaining to public record information are specifically exempted from the FCRA direct dispute process.

If you dispute via a CRA, they exercise their reinvestigation obligation by doing their own check of the public record, and if still present, they can verify directly withut need to forward to any party who "furnished/reported" the information.

If the judgment court has no record of the judgment, something is amiss.  Permits the web site search was not complete......

I would suggest a formal letter or visit to the office of the clerk of the supposed judgment court, and obtaining a clear determinaton of whether there is a public record of the judgments.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.