cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who reports the "current status" as 30, 60, 90, 120 days late?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who reports the "current status" as 30, 60, 90, 120 days late?

I have a paid off collection that is showing up as "120+ days past due." I just called the CA, LVNV Funding, and she told me that I have to take it up with the credit bureau if I want the 120 days status removed. The account is showing that it's a paid collection. Does it even matter if the status says 120 days late since it's a CA and is already a bad mark? I asked her if she could delete the TL and she said no.

Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who reports the "current status" as 30, 60, 90, 120 days late?

Credit Reporting Agencies are only "reporting" what they have been told, they do not create the entries.  Sned your request in writing to the CA and send copies of your letter to the CRA as well.  I always state in the letter to the CA that I am sending a copy to the CRA as well.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will do that!

Message 3 of 5
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

On the plus side, if something is not reported correctly, there is a chance they will just remove it after submitting a dispute with the credit bureaus.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A status of 60/90/120+ late is NOT reported by a debt collector.  It is reported on the OC account prior to its closing and referral (or sale) to a debt collector.

Debt collectors do not even have codes to report monthly delinquencies, as you dont have an "account" with them upon which monthly billings are due.  You cannot have a current status of 60/90/120+ late if the debt is paid.  Paid accounts have only one current status.......paid.

When you pay a debt, its balance must be "promptly" updated by the OC  to reflect $0 balance, paid status.  Any collection reported on that debt must also be updated to $0 balance due for collection, and the collection account must be closed.  The prior delinquencies on the OC account are unaffected.  While the OC account will reflect a paid current status, and $0 balance due, it can still reflect the delinquencies reported prior to its current status.  Current status is a snapshot as of today, and does not reflect prior history of reporting made on the account.  Those are stored under different OC account reporting codes, and are unrelated to current status.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.