Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's Obsessed?

tag
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Who's Obsessed?

With credit monitoring, repair, building and these forums?! 

I just want to make sure I'm not the only one!  :-)

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Goodscore81
Regular Contributor

Re: Who's Obsessed?

I am!!! I have been studying my reports like I'm studying for tests.  I have been sending out letters and pulling my reports, left and right.  Then I found this forum and can't turn away. 

Glad I'm not the only one!!Smiley Happy  I'm determined to get my credit excellent!

2700........ 1000........ 500...... 2590...... 2300.....20,110...... 2250...... 2100.......1700..... 1850..... 5000..... 5000..... 2188.....6000....3000
Message 2 of 28
MaRain
Regular Contributor

@aurelie00 wrote:

I am. I am subscribed to a paid monitoring service and of course the freebies. The only issue I am having is with credit dot com site. It says unable to access my report (I'm assuming they pull EX?), yet my monitoring service has no issue pulling EX (I just have to call and verify for EQ & TU before they will release it). Have you had this issue?

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Message 3 of 28
ecalmese
Regular Contributor

@aurelie00 wrote:

Yea im pretty obsessed

Started January 2013 in the lower 500s
Scores (as of January 2014) Equifax 630 | Experian 646 | Transunion 674
With the help of you all; I am working my way to the 700 club!
Message 4 of 28
HiLine
Blogger

I used to be when I first joined these forums. I'm still interested in the topic and still reading a bunch about it but at the point I've figured out pretty much everything a regular person needs to know with regards to credit building, and have actually started a personal finance blog to share what I discovered Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 28
hotintexas49

I just got started about 2 weeks ago, attempting to get a credit line increase.  I have been reading posts from creditcardforum.com, myfico, bankrate.com, etc.  Yes, I am very obsessed.  Just wish I would have had this kind of focus regarding my credit score a long time ago!

Message 6 of 28
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I'm very obsessed! Since March! A little less now though since pretty much all but one negative is gone from my reports and I started getting approvals. Before it was obsessing over how to repair the bad stuff, now working on managing the new good stuff. So I spend more time obsessing in the CC section of the forums now, although it is kind of unhealthy because makes me want to keep applying for everything LOL (and jealous of everyone else's approvals and CLI's)

Message 7 of 28
justrock
Frequent Contributor

I am now obsessed.  I cancelled my subscription to the New York Times and made this website my home page.  I learn something new every day from this forum.  I never knew it was possible to do something about the negatives on my credit report.   My goal is to buy a house about 10 months from now and I am getting ready to send out my PFDs and pay off my credit cards.    

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Message 8 of 28
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@justrock wrote:

I am now obsessed.  I cancelled my subscription to the New York Times and made this website my home page.  I learn something new every day from this forum.  I never knew it was possible to do something about the negatives on my credit report.   My goal is to buy a house about 10 months from now and I am getting ready to send out my PFDs and pay off my credit cards.    

Best of luck on the house hunting venture!  And obsession here pays off, trust me.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 28
justrock
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  I will document my efforts, successes and failures for those who come behind me.    The information on this board is life changing.   

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.