cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's issue is this? Direct Loans or Experian?

tag
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Who's issue is this? Direct Loans or Experian?

Husband has 5 student loan tradelines...at first I thought they weren't reprting to experian at all...well, I just pulled his report to check on a PFD and they ARE reporting...here's the deal.

Direct loan split his file in Oct (no idea why) at that point it went from ONE tradeline to 5.

Driect loans reported the 5 tradelines to experian in Oct only. They show pays as agreed/current in oct only, no reporting since. They don't say closed or transferred....it's just as if they're stuck not being updated.

They ARE being factored into his AAOA. They are NOT being factored into his current "installment accounts" balance.

His plus score (I know, I know) is only a 597...because he has only one store card and his car loan reporting.

I can't figure out even who to call to get this fixed. We did fax the issue to the student loans people yesterday....but it looks like it might be experian not reporting. here's an example of one of the tradelines...

DEPT OF EDUCATION

Current

800-848-0979
Mailing Address: PO BOX 5609   GREENVILLE, TX 75403

Advertisement

Account NameUS DEPT OF EDUCATION  
Account #XXXX  
Account TypeEducation Loan  
Balance$5,342.00  
Date Opened10/1/2000  

Account StatusOpen  
  Mo. Payment$32.00  
 Close Account DetailsPast Due   
  Payment StatusCurrent  
  High Balance   
  Limit   
  Terms360 Months  
  Comments   
 24-Month Payment History 

2009 2010           2011         
NovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOct
                       OK

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
lazerz69
Contributor

Re: Who's issue is this? Direct Loans or Experian?

I had/have the same "split" issue with Direct Loan.  I call direct loan and was basically told that they transferred to a new system in October of 2011, and that was probably the reason for the split.  Also, it was my understanding from the CSR at DL servicing that the accounts could have been split between subsidized and unsubsidized loans.  I believe I had one of each and my account was split into two in or about October/November 2011.

Contact Direct Loan Servicing.  They will tell you the reason the accounts were split.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.