Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who should I PFD???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who should I PFD???

If the OC sold an account to a CA, can I still have the OC pull it back from the CA, and PFD the OC?

If so, should the OC accept the PFD, would the CA have to delete their reportings as well?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who should I PFD???

Was the account sold to..or assigned to the CA??....you should always try to PFD the OC...but usually OC's don't delete...but you should try to PIF...for them to pull out of collections...but if you just PIF..for them to pull out of collections...they would still be reporting on your reports...so you would have to hit them with a double whammy...make them agree to PFD...and pull out of collections...so that both would be deleted from the CRA...
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If sold, there is no way they can pull it back,...is there? Do OC's PFD? I think it's a Capital One account.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

From previous post...Capital One is NOT going to accept a PFD...if the account was sold..you can try to PFD...but most companies will tell you...you have to deal with the CA..because they own the account now...so you best bet is to contact Capital One..and see if the will accept PIF...for exchange to pull out of collections...or send a DV to the CA...if they validate..send them a PFD...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi R&R........Cap 1 is about the hardest CCC to work with!   Once a debt is sold the OC can NOT accept a PFD or a PIF.     Only the company that owns the account can accept.

And Cap1  will continue to report CO until CRTP!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.