Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who should I send pfd to??

tag
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

Who should I send pfd to??

Going to try to make a long story short..couple weeks ago I sent NCO fimancial a pfd letter for a direct tv bill.  I sent it to the address on the CR.  Couple of days ago it was returned for a bad address.  Today, I get a letter from them saying a CRA indicated I made an inquiry and they hope I am in a better position to pay up. The letter instructs me to pay direct tv directly. So my question is who do I approach about settling this account and try to have it removed.  I am more than willing to pay it in full but would like it taken off my report. I think I have a better chance contact direct tv.  Opinions or advice please.  Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Who should I send pfd to??

What do they mean a CRA indicated you made an inquiry?  Thats a new one.

If NCO is telling you to pay the OC directly, contact the OC and ask if they will recall the debt or ask them to remove the collection from your report if you pay them directly.

Message 2 of 5
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

This is the exact wording: We have previously notified  you about the above references account, which remains unpaid.  A credit reporting agency has indicated that an inquiry has been made on your credit report.  We hope that you are in a better position to pay the above account.---they do on to give me my payment options. I will defiantly call Direct TV.  Let's keep our fingers crossed!! 

Message 3 of 5
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Sounds like the CA sent the debt back to DirecTV in which case they should remove any trade lines associated with said debt. Correct?
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@randyrhodes wrote:
Sounds like the CA sent the debt back to DirecTV in which case they should remove any trade lines associated with said debt. Correct?

I am not sure what they are getting at but, if they did send it back they would have just said so.  Yes, if they did, they need to delete it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.