Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to GW for deletion?

tag
Karnage146
Contributor

Who to GW for deletion?

I am about to start writing goodwill letters to a few of the baddes on my credit report when I ran into this problem. Who do I send the GW letter to? What I mean by that is that for CO accounts, I have TWO baddies. For example, I have T Mobile on my credit report with a balance of $1317 and then I have Midland for the same amount because the account was sold to them. Do I send the letter to both? The account was already paid but has yet to be updated, it has been less than 30 days. Can I request the Original Creditor to be deleted because they no longer have the right to collect because they sold it?(I'm assuming this) Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Who to GW for deletion?

If the account is reporting a balance and it was sold/transferred, that is inaccurate reporting.  A sold account must show a 0 balance.  Does the account say transfered/sold?  If not they still own it.

I would dispute the OC account.

If it does say transferred/sold, send the GW to Midland.

No, OCs can continue to report if they sell the debt.  The deletion only pertains to collection agencies that cannot report a debt they have no collection authority on.

Message 2 of 9
Karnage146
Contributor

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It doesn't say sold/transferred but the address and phone number are the same as Midlands.

I would call TMobile and ask them if you can pay them and recall the debt from Midland and ask them to delete.

ETA:  Never mind, it is already paid.  Give it 30 days and see if they update to paid.  Then start sending GW letters to both.

Message 4 of 9
Karnage146
Contributor

Ok how about these two:

Message 5 of 9
Karnage146
Contributor

Would I have to GW all parties involved? Meaning OC and CA? For ALL of my accounts that don't say sold? 

BTW, those two accounts have been paid off as well.

Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 7 of 9
Karnage146
Contributor

Within the last 3 weeks. All before I found these forums :-(
Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.