Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to contact about a judgement

tag
trc1962
Regular Contributor

Who to contact about a judgement

I had a judgement for a medical bill that I paid in full. I contacted the collection agency that had the judgement in court and asked them to update reports. They said it is up to the court to do that. In the mean time the collection agency told the attorney I was working with that they had not reported to any credit agencies/reports-which is not true. I am trying to settle this myself because the attorney is sooo expensive. The judgement is paid, can I get it vacated? Who do I contact? The court is not responsible I am sure. I appreciate any comments.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Who to contact about a judgement

@trc1962 wrote:

I had a judgement for a medical bill that I paid in full. I contacted the collection agency that had the judgement in court and asked them to update reports. They said it is up to the court to do that. In the mean time the collection agency told the attorney I was working with that they had not reported to any credit agencies/reports-which is not true. I am trying to settle this myself because the attorney is sooo expensive. The judgement is paid, can I get it vacated? Who do I contact? The court is not responsible I am sure. I appreciate any comments.

To vacate the judgment just file the motion in the court on the grounds its been paid if this is granted its gone from your CRs. Whomever holds the judgment has to file a satisfaction with the court once its been paid or settled, failure to do so is a wilfull violation of law.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.