Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to dispute with.....

tag
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

Who to dispute with.....

So long story short, my BF has two medical baddies on his credit report that are from 10/2006, what should we do first?

**DV the collection agency

**Dispute with Experian for SOL (we live in florida)

**Send a Pay for Delete??

I would like to get them removed asap, any help is greatly appreciated

Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Who to dispute with.....

DV the CA, if the debt is not yours, and verification is requested.  But the CA does not have to respond.

You never dispute SOL with a CRA   That is a matter of your legal defense if sued, and to which a CRA is not remotely a party.

You can always offer a PFD if payment of the debt along with CR credit report deltion is your primary goal.  A PFD, if accepted, can result in CR deletion.  If not accepted, can lead to no response at all on their part, or worse yet, legal action.

First, you determine if the debt is legit, then what the date of delinquencies are on the debt, and then you SOL, if you oppose payment.

Message 2 of 3
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

Re: Who to dispute with.....

the debt is legit....it was when my BF collapsed at work and was taken to the ER and they did some scans of his body...he had no insurance at the time and so the bill i guess came to him but he couldnt pay. its almost about to fall off, but he wants to be proactive now about his credit.

Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.