Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to write to

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Who to write to

So I owed a balance to my school that was turned over to collections(NCO) and paid my school directly. They accepted the money. Since the debt is on my report as being owed to NCO and the school refuses to pull it back( asked sometime before it was paid if they would and was told no). Should I write Nco and tell them that the debt has been paid and to take it off of my report or should I write directly to the credit bureau and send proof and ask that they remove the debt off of my report?

I am hoping that it will not just be updated as paid and want it removed. SO i want to be very careful in my next move. 

Thanks in advance for suggestions and help. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Who to write to

If the debt has been paid to the school directly, there's nothing for the CA to collect on. You could write the CA with a direct dispute stating as much along with proof of payment.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 2 of 4
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Right but my thing is will they remove it or just write that it is paid in full?

I don't want them to update it as paid and I did not pay them[CA].
Message 3 of 4
titanofold
Established Contributor

They should remove as they no longer have any debt to claim.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.