cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who will approve me for a card with chargeoffs

tag
thesipguy

Who will approve me for a card with chargeoffs

Hi my credit was ruined by a relative that used my cards without permission, by the time I realized he racked up over 100G and accounts were in collection, I couldn’t report him to the police because that would of created a rift in the family and I couldn’t do it, and also because I knew that this relative was going through a very difficult personal and health problems, and his initial intentions was to repay it, but then couldn’t.,

Now approx 4 years later I'm trying to rebuild my credit, 6 months ago I applied for a Capital One secured account, I was approved for a $200 cl with a $50 deposit, less then a month later I applied for a unsecured Capital One card and was approved for a $500 cl.

For 6 months I was using the cards alot, paying off a couple of times a month because the cl was too small to cover my expenses, after 6 months I got a $100 increase on my Secured account, and a $1500 increase on my unsecured account.

I don't have my exact credit score but according to Capital One my score was 622 on the end of November, and that was before I received my $1600 in credit line increases, but on my Credit Karma report I have a 616 score..

I'm very happy with my Capital One card and I'm planning on continuing on to use them, but I would like a little diversity and have accounts in more than one bank, and I would also like to improve my credit, therefore I would like to get another account, but I don’t want to be rejected, therefore I would like to know which banks would approve me with a couple of chargeback and this credit score?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Who will approve me for a card with chargeoffs

Welcome to the forums.

How come you don't try to stay with capital one, using it and showing good graces so they can keep uping your limit which increases your score as well?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would forget about the prime banks for the moment (Citi, Chase, BofA) and especially if they were part of the ones that were burned. GECRB Walmart would be a good choice, you will also be able to get a free TU FICO every month if you sign up for paperless stmts. I would also try the shopping cart trick for Sportsman Visa, Total Rewards and Fuel Rewards Network. There is no "free lunch" on getting all approvals, rejections will be part of your path. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
thesipguy

I was planning on staying with Capital One, at the time I just wanted more accounts to have diversity, in the end I did not apply for more accounts and am using my Capital One cards pretty heavily,  Capital One was very nice to me and gave me 2 nice CLI's, I'm a happy customer.

Message 5 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

i think "barclay rewards for average credit" will be best bet on your next card. your scores are very close but they are the ones pulling your report so YMMV. they pulled TU for me. if denied they are recon'able. unfortunately they killed their pre-qual site this month so you are going in blind (as did i).

i got a 5 month auto-CLI from $500 to $1500 with heavy usage and PIF.

i have a paid charge-off and open fed tax lien.

good luck and keep us posted

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.