cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoo hoo, finally got Direct Loans to remove some incorrect baddies!

tag
phill017
Valued Member

Whoo hoo, finally got Direct Loans to remove some incorrect baddies!

2 60's, 2 90's, 5 120's, dating back to jan. of 07, going to be cleared finally! the account is only an 1800 dollar student loan, what kinda of score nudge should I get from this if at all? Little to none? the most recent baddie was reported just a few months ago. For what it's worth they requested my credit report and did not send it to them, THEY DO NOT NEED IT to correct information. This is my first success and still just the beginning. Also guys, if Transunion cites on a collection account that "Afni bloom is a collection company hired by 10 Cingular" is that some sort of validation, or inclination that it will be validated? TIA
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Whoo hoo, finally got Direct Loans to remove some incorrect baddies!

Nice work! hey would you mind briefly explaining what you wrote in the letter. I recently attempted a goodwill with direct loans for two 120's, a 90 and a 60 day late back in the beginning of 07 for a fairly large loan. They wanted a copy of my credit report so I sent it to them, I whited out other accounts that were around it. They sent me back the letter saying they have to report accurate info. Smiley Sad My plan is not to give up. I will send out a GW letter every 2 weeks if I have to.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go...I am going round and round with Direct Loans now...still showing a 90 day late in June of 2004 when the loan was paid in full 2 months earlier, in April.
Message 3 of 13
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Aerospace10, Direct Loans did the same thing to me. Over the phone they said they were going to delete the 60-day late I had 7 years ago. I sent them a copy of my CR but I whited out other information. I get my entire fax cover page, letter and copy of CR back in the mail with a letter from Direct Loans saying that they needed my CR to correct the issue. I called them up and was given 6 different excuses. I finally spoke to some rude supervisor (which I believe is only a team leader and not actually a supervisor), who said they would not delete it even if that was my only late payment in 10 years. I asked why tell me different stories and send me a letter with lies in it when they knew they weren't going to take care of it. Clearly, she didn't realize who she was dealing with. Needless to say, I filed a few complaints on them and I am waiting for it to be removed now.

The system works to hurt you, not help you. Remember that!
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aerospace10,  i am also in the process of trying to get them to remove late payments up to 180 day...they sent me a letter yesterday requesting a copy of my credit report? is this a good sign or no?..do tell what the process was like for you...
Message 5 of 13
nosxih
Regular Contributor

in case it is needed their fax number is: 1.800.848.0984
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I sent a goodwill letter, then they sent a letter back asking for my credit report. I didnt think it was necessary to send my whole report, 9 pages, so I just sent the one page Directloans acct was on and I whited out all the info. They sent me a typical form letter back saying that they have to report all accurate info. Sounds like uniqua faxed the whole report(correct me if Im wrong) and it got rejected somehow. Seems to me like its a different story with Direct loans all the time, I imagine it all depends on which person opens up your goodwill letter and if they are having a good or bad day. This is why its good to keep sending goodwills, cause its most likely read by someone different everytime, and you may just catch someone on a good day Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

true...hopefully they removed my late payments..i am disputing them throught Equifax online also...so hopefully it works out

Message 8 of 13
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Actually, I did exactly as you did aerospace10. I faxed the one page and whited out all other information. They sent it back to me saying they needed my credit report so they could have the late payment deleted. Huh? I just sent it to you and you sent it back to me. Hello? Mind you, they had told me over the phone the day before that they would do it and to send them the information. Whatever!

I called them and got so many different answers until the mean-spirited female got on the phone with an attitude and told me they weren't going to do anything. Well, we'll just see about that. It's been 7 years. It will work in my favor. I promise you that!
Message 9 of 13
phill017
Valued Member

It was quite the battle, I went on two tours to kuwait and I was in school during a time they reported badies, i talked to close to 10 different incompetant, stupid moron customer service reps and sadly enough I told one that she was an Fing idiot, i didn't call for a few days and then i called the regular fed aid hotline and told them about the roundabout i was going on, she told me to call back and demand to talk to a supervisor, and that if they weren't cooperating she gave me another number to some sort of federal loan authority, oversight committe something, anyway if they are in the wrong they will start a case file and it's pretty much just going over direct loans heads, anyway i just called and asked to talk to a supervisor and i think he actually graduated high school because it's taken care of finally, nevertheless, even he was like well i see here that you were gone from "05 of 2007 to 01 of 2007" chew on that for a second, i'm like no sir, first of all that impossible and secondly yo are reading it incorrectly and trust me i know exactly when i was gone, i was the one thousands of miles from home, blah blah no sir i'm lookin at your orders, and again i had to get a little rude with him and he finally zoomed in and saw that he was in idiot, i still want to write the BBB because they are honestly the biggest idiots i've ever talked to, and that goes for almost every single person i talked to...good luck dealing with those morons...i'm glad to be done with them
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.