Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whooo hooo - THANK YOU ALL - Celebrating small victories

tag
o1977
New Contributor

Re: Whooo hooo - THANK YOU ALL - Celebrating small victories

Sure!  Once I disputed inaccuracies on my credit report and got them removed my score jumped 20-30 points.  Then I started sending GW letters and PFD letters.  Some were easy and responded right away.  That was another 20-30 points.  The others that were difficult required more research (i.e. looking up CEO of the company to write, email or call).  On some of the older accounts that were paid that worked like a charm and increased me a few more points.  A few did not respond or had wrong addresses so I disputed them on my credit report again with the information I found (returned letter or lack of response) and they were removed. 

I started with the little stuff that I knew I could pay right away.  I now only have about 2 big things on my report.  And I have one late that the company refuses to GW and  remove for me.  And of course my Sallie Mae lates which will be another HUGE mountain to move. 

I found that persistence and keeping a positive attitude is necessary.  Also, just working hard at it.  For everyone that tells you no there is another that will tell you yes.  I took a break, but I am about to start up again to try to get the bigs ones off and maybe make it to the 700 club this year...

I hope this helps.  If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know - after all, we are all in this together!

Oh and this site actually  helped A LOT.  I read a lot of the postings and did research on the companies I had on my credit report on here.  It may take a lot of time but it is a good investment in YOU Smiley Surprised)

Equi:
4/9/10 = 521
8/3/10 = 564
9/16/10 = 578
11/7/10 = 612
11/24/10 = 641

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.