cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why CapOne still reporting to EQ, 1 year after my discharge????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why CapOne still reporting to EQ, 1 year after my discharge????

Are they allowed to continue reporting, even after 1 year post discharge?

thank in advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why CapOne still reporting to EQ, 1 year after my discharge????

@Anonymous wrote:

Are they allowed to continue reporting, even after 1 year post discharge?

thank in advance

Can you elaborate?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i had two of my Capone Cards included in the CH7 BK, I owed them a few hundred.  My discharge was 9-14, I noticed yesterday, those two Capone accts have last reported dates of 9/6/2015...Are they allowed to keep reporting on those discharged accts....in the comments it's saying included in ch 7 discharge.

Also I thought accounts were supposed to be removed after 7 years of last reported?

thank you

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So i had two of my Capone Cards included in the CH7 BK, I owed them a few hundred.  My discharge was 9-14, I noticed yesterday, those two Capone accts have last reported dates of 9/6/2015...Are they allowed to keep reporting on those discharged accts....in the comments it's saying included in ch 7 discharge.

Also I thought accounts were supposed to be removed after 7 years of last reported?

thank you

Once the balance is zeroed out, and its marked as IIB, there is no further updates to the account needed. Are they reported as closed, $0 balance and IIB?

NEGATIVES are removed at 7 years from their occurrence. If an account is not charged off, it will stay on your reports as a positive account for ten years after closing.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are showing as discharged in comments, and zero balance...but the "last reported" date is this month? You have any idea why they would would discharged accts, a year later? Or it doesn't matter? I thought the timer for negative late accounts getting removed was from the last date of reported?
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
They are showing as discharged in comments, and zero balance...but the "last reported" date is this month? You have any idea why they would would discharged accts, a year later? Or it doesn't matter? I thought the timer for negative late accounts getting removed was from the last date of reported?

They can update it monthly if they want though there really isnt reason to once its been zeroed out and it cannot be challenged. Individual lates in positive open/closed accounts are removed at the 7 year mark until there none left then it becomes a total positive account, for accounts that have been COed the date that controls is the DoFD and this is the 30 day late that immediately preceeds the CO. In a BK if the account was current at the time of filing the filing month of the BK becomes the DoFD.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.