cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is This Happening to Me!!!....Help ASAP!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why Is This Happening to Me!!!....Help ASAP!!!!

So I updated Credit Check Total Today...and there is a new collection from "Collection Company O".....I'm guessing that is...Collecton Company of America.....I have no idea where this came from...I know for sure this is not my account....I called Sprint they have no knowledge of the account...the only account they have knowledge of is the collection I had with them...that I PFD through the CA back in March...as we all know...I'm in the process of a mortgage....and this is definitely going to kill the deal...there is no address or phone number for the CA....and I have NO IDEA what to do....Please Help!!!!....should I just dispute as "Not Mine".....I don't have  alot of time to go back and forth with the DV letters and BBB...and such...

This is it on myFICO EQ report...

Collection on debt to: Sprint Pcs

The collection agency "178yc12307" was hired to collect a debt of $583 originally owed to "Sprint Pcs" on account number "XXX2672".

Collection agency [?] 178yc12307

Original balance [?] $583

Current balance [?] $801

Status [?] Unpaid

Date assigned [?] Jul 01, 2006

Date reported [?] Dec 01, 2008

Date last active [?] Dec 01, 2004

Date paid [?] Not Reported

Date closed [?] Not Reported

Original lender [?] Sprint Pcs

Account number [?] XXX2672

Type of account [?] Not Reported

Account holder [?] Individual

Type of credit [?] Not Reported

Payment status [?] Not Reported

Largest past balance [?] Not Reported

Amount past due [?] Not Reported

Account descriptions [?]Not Reported

This is it on Credit Check Total...

COLLECTION COMPANY O   

Account Number:   128XXXX   

Acct Type:   Collection Account   

Acct Status:      

Monthly Payment:      

Date Open:   7/1/2006   

Balance:   $801.00   

Terms:      

High Balance:      

Limit:      

Past Due:      

Payment Status:   Unpaid   

Comments:   Unpaid

Please Help!!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why Is This Happening to Me!!!....Help ASAP!!!!

What company did you do PFD with?

Is the first account you listed, the one you PFD or the new account?

From my experience, the "date open" with a CA is usually the date that a CA gets the account. Both of what you posted have the same "date open".

Can you backdoor the CRA this is appearing on and get a full report that might show more information?

I wouldn't dispute, because you are likely going to spend 30-45 days waiting for a "verified" from the CRA.

I would DV, CMRRR right away.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PFD...Diversified Adjustment...this is a totally different account...and account number...it is not the same account reinserted...it is a new account put on my reports by mistake...
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would DV the new CA. Send it CMRRR.
Message 4 of 11
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Looks like it was sold to someone else despite the PFD, DV them ASAP!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account number are different....the amount is different...I really don't think its the same account...I don't know where to send a DV letter....since TC is gone...I have Credit Check Total....they they don't give you all the contact info...
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you backdoor a CRA and get a free report? Which CRA is this appearing on?

If you have your Experian report number from when you pulled your reports before, you can go to their website and towards the bottom in the middle it will say "review report again", click that and enter your report number and other information and you'll see a current copy.

Otherwise go to TransUnion's online dispute and go through the steps to get a report to use for disputing. You don't actually have to complete a dispute, but can view your report.

If you've been denied credit in the last 60 days, are unemployed, and under some other circumstances you can get a free report from the CRA. If it is for denial of credit, you get a report from the CRA the creditor used.

TransUnion

Experian

Equifax

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would DV the new CA and also send an ITS letter that if not gone within 24 hours from receipt, you would sue for FDCPA violation (lack of dunning letter), FCRA violation for misreporting, and any damage deriving from higher interest rates based on credit score, any damage deriving from denial of credit, and any other damage and attorney costs.

immediately file complaints with BBB, AGs and FTC for their reporting an non-existing debt or not yours.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its on EQ...and becuase I'm in Texas...it's on CSC...
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't meet any of the requirements to get a free report, you can purchase one for $10.50.

http://www.equifax.com/credit-report-history/

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.