Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why!! My scores dropped.

tag
tri3nity
Contributor

Why!! My scores dropped.

I have done nothing in the past 3 months but pay my bills on time as suggested and even worked on a couple of delinquent ones. Both will be paid off in 2 more months. I could have accepted my scores staying the same. They didn't though. All 3 of them dropped atleast 7 points. Can someone please tell me why? It doesn't make sense.

Starting Score: 1/2011 TU 539 EQ 481
Current Score: 2/2011 TU 542 EQ 489 EX 505
Goal Score: 620+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why!! My scores dropped.

I have you had any recent inquires, credit balances increase or decrease or go over the limit?  anything new reported? 
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

tri3nity wrote:
I have done nothing in the past 3 months but pay my bills on time as suggested and even worked on a couple of delinquent ones. Both will be paid off in 2 more months. I could have accepted my scores staying the same. They didn't though. All 3 of them dropped atleast 7 points. Can someone please tell me why? It doesn't make sense.

When you say you worked on delinquent accounts, were these collections or charge offs? What were they?

Has your util increased? CL decreased?

Compare your old reports and your new reports side by side, one account at a time and see what has changed.

Message 3 of 5
granny031350
Established Contributor

the score dropped probably because Fico looks at the report date even though they say they don't and even though the "score" supposedly isn't figured from the report date.

My transunion says my most recent late was 6 months ago which coincides with my disputes of derogatory accounts.  But I have no lates anywhere since august 2005. 

But my score still dropped a few points.  Since you paid off collections, or are working to pay them off, the companies have "updated" the report date and Fico thinks that it makes the late "more recent"

I know the experts all disagree and say it isn't so, but it is on my report.
Message 4 of 5
tri3nity
Contributor

No recent inquiries since my last report and one of them is in collections and charged off. The other is just delinquent and my util has gone down on all of my credit cards, I haven't been using them. Nothing over the limit.

Starting Score: 1/2011 TU 539 EQ 481
Current Score: 2/2011 TU 542 EQ 489 EX 505
Goal Score: 620+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.