Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why No Major Score Increase?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why No Major Score Increase?????

My Experian Report has 2 collections that are showing a balance even though they were part of a Judgement that was paid.  I just disputed the collections AND the Judgement.  Judgement now deleted.  Still waiting on collection dispute results.  Would hope that they would go away or will they have nothing to go by since the Judgement isn't showing now???  ONLY 1 POINT GAIN IN SCORE HERE.  ?????????  Don't understand.

My Transunion Report has NO collections at all, Judgement deleted AND a Foreclosure fell off this month.  ONLY 1 POINT GAIN IN SCORE??????  Don't understand. Still have a 2nd mortgage CO that is due to fall off 2017.

My Equifax Report...Let's just say GET WITH THE PROGRAM EQUIFAX!  Only shows that I'm disputing the Judgement so it's still there.  Foreclosure that really doesn't say Foreclosure still there and the 2nd Mortgage CO still there.  They show ONE open collection that was part of the paid Judgement.  Disputing and waiting on results.   

Working HARD on this and have done fairly well with removing things and setting up new TL's within past two years.  I am seeing lots of results and that is a relief.  Scared to view my true FICO so I'm only dealing with FAKO's for now. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why No Major Score Increase?????

@Anonymous wrote:

My Experian Report has 2 collections that are showing a balance even though they were part of a Judgement that was paid.  I just disputed the collections AND the Judgement.  Judgement now deleted.  Still waiting on collection dispute results.  Would hope that they would go away or will they have nothing to go by since the Judgement isn't showing now???  ONLY 1 POINT GAIN IN SCORE HERE.  ?????????  Don't understand.

My Transunion Report has NO collections at all, Judgement deleted AND a Foreclosure fell off this month.  ONLY 1 POINT GAIN IN SCORE??????  Don't understand. Still have a 2nd mortgage CO that is due to fall off 2017.

My Equifax Report...Let's just say GET WITH THE PROGRAM EQUIFAX!  Only shows that I'm disputing the Judgement so it's still there.  Foreclosure that really doesn't say Foreclosure still there and the 2nd Mortgage CO still there.  They show ONE open collection that was part of the paid Judgement.  Disputing and waiting on results.   

Working HARD on this and have done fairly well with removing things and setting up new TL's within past two years.  I am seeing lots of results and that is a relief.  Scared to view my true FICO so I'm only dealing with FAKO's for now. 

When dealing with FAKOs no one can give you a true answer as none of us try to figure out what affects FAKOs. I can tell you that your Fico most likely saw a better increase, had this been Fico you were referring to then it would most likely would be due to not being rebucketed. When in a Fico bucket immediate deletion or major drop in credit card utilization does not immediately give you all possible points, you need to demonstrate for a few months that this is in fact your new credit behavior before you are rewarded for it. Do not dispair over a FAKO use it as a semi guide and put no faith in it whatsoever Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Re: No Major Score Increase...

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I hope you can get things taken care of sooner, rather than later. I know for some of the CRAs here, people have numbers or emails to executive offices, but I don't have anything like that. However, I have had some success with Sky Blue Credit Repair, but you have to pay them of course, and it's $60 a month. I know a lot of people have had PLENTY of success without paying someone, especially since everything they charge you for, you could do yourself, however, it does take a LOT of TIME AND EFFORT! Even with them working on my behalf, I've had things submitted more than once to finally get corrected, which unfortunately takes time to do. So my best advice is to keep fighting and don't give up. I assume you've called, email, and wrote them already, but if you haven't I would definitely do that. I would also reach out and see if someone has that contact info, which they usually don't mind giving out if something is truly being incorrectly reported on your CR and the typical CSRs you speak to don't care or can't help you with. Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I know how I hate when no one responds to my post, so I wanted to give you some encouragement and a hint of where to search if you didn't know. Anyway, I wish you good luck and hope you can get all this sorted out.

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When dealing with FAKOs no one can give you a true answer as none of us try to figure out what affects FAKOs. I can tell you that your Fico most likely saw a better increase, had this been Fico you were referring to then it would most likely would be due to not being rebucketed. When in a Fico bucket immediate deletion or major drop in credit card utilization does not immediately give you all possible points, you need to demonstrate for a few months that this is in fact your new credit behavior before you are rewarded for it. Do not dispair over a FAKO use it as a semi guide and put no faith in it whatsoever Smiley Happy

Thank you!  That makes me feel somewhat better.  I'll get the courage to check myfico one day.  Maybe in a month or two.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MadTechnologist wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I hope you can get things taken care of sooner, rather than later. I know for some of the CRAs here, people have numbers or emails to executive offices, but I don't have anything like that. However, I have had some success with Sky Blue Credit Repair, but you have to pay them of course, and it's $60 a month. I know a lot of people have had PLENTY of success without paying someone, especially since everything they charge you for, you could do yourself, however, it does take a LOT of TIME AND EFFORT! Even with them working on my behalf, I've had things submitted more than once to finally get corrected, which unfortunately takes time to do. So my best advice is to keep fighting and don't give up. I assume you've called, email, and wrote them already, but if you haven't I would definitely do that. I would also reach out and see if someone has that contact info, which they usually don't mind giving out if something is truly being incorrectly reported on your CR and the typical CSRs you speak to don't care or can't help you with. Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I know how I hate when no one responds to my post, so I wanted to give you some encouragement and a hint of where to search if you didn't know. Anyway, I wish you good luck and hope you can get all this sorted out.

Thank you.  I've been doing pretty well on my own.  Things are just falling off right and left and there really wasn't a lot to begin with.  Just got a little discouraged about scores but I also read if there things from 3 or more years ago then the damage to credit score isn't affected as badly.  I don't know how much water that holds though. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So if a foreclosure AND a judgement were removed in the same month with Transunion, would that help or hurt?  Equifax is dragging their feet.  I believe the judgment disappeared from EX too.  I just went to read on rebucketing and am now VERY confused.  LOL

Message 6 of 10
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MadTechnologist wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.  I've been doing pretty well on my own.  Things are just falling off right and left and there really wasn't a lot to begin with.  Just got a little discouraged about scores but I also read if there things from 3 or more years ago then the damage to credit score isn't affected as badly.  I don't know how much water that holds though. Smiley Wink

Ok, glad to hear that you're making progress. I know it can be rather difficult dealing with credit in general, but these CRAs seem like they intentionally make things FAR harder than they should be. Anyway, once again good luck and keep up the good work!

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1.   The sites that offer FAKOs are good for monitoring your CRs, but the FAKO algorithms can be screwy.    

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MadTechnologist wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MadTechnologist wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, glad to hear that you're making progress. I know it can be rather difficult dealing with credit in general, but these CRAs seem like they intentionally make things FAR harder than they should be. Anyway, once again good luck and keep up the good work!

Agreed.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MadTechnologist wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MadTechnologist wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed and thank you!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.