Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,568
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Why all the hassle with canceling Credit Monitoring?

Lately, I have not seen even ONE credit monitoring service that allows you to cancel their "free" trials with an email or a link in the website. You are ALWAYS obligated to call in to CS so they can annoy you with the MANY reasons it is a mistake to cancel. They should all have a "cancel button" or direct email for cancelation. My reason is always the same...that I DO NOT want a "pretend" FICO score, but that never seems to be enough of a reason to forego the sales pitch. All of us know that these trials are only good to get a copy of your CR and then cancel. Even though it is a free CR, sometimes I dread hearing the sales pitch and having to say, "No thank you," a dozen times.

 photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsfp2spvpa.jpg
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,930
Registered: ‎10-26-2012
0

Re: Why all the hassle with canceling Credit Monitoring?


indiolatino61 wrote:

Lately, I have not seen even ONE credit monitoring service that allows you to cancel their "free" trials with an email or a link in the website. You are ALWAYS obligated to call in to CS so they can annoy you with the MANY reasons it is a mistake to cancel. They should all have a "cancel button" or direct email for cancelation. My reason is always the same...that I DO NOT want a "pretend" FICO score, but that never seems to be enough of a reason to forego the sales pitch. All of us know that these trials are only good to get a copy of your CR and then cancel. Even though it is a free CR, sometimes I dread hearing the sales pitch and having to say, "No thank you," a dozen times.


Score Watch and myFICO quarterly monitoring (TU) are actual Fico scores. Other websites offer FAKO scores. 

Blogger
Posts: 3,360
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Why all the hassle with canceling Credit Monitoring?

How many online subscription services do you have that allow you to cancel without calling?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,568
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: Why all the hassle with canceling Credit Monitoring?


DaBears wrote:

indiolatino61 wrote:

Lately, I have not seen even ONE credit monitoring service that allows you to cancel their "free" trials with an email or a link in the website. You are ALWAYS obligated to call in to CS so they can annoy you with the MANY reasons it is a mistake to cancel. They should all have a "cancel button" or direct email for cancelation. My reason is always the same...that I DO NOT want a "pretend" FICO score, but that never seems to be enough of a reason to forego the sales pitch. All of us know that these trials are only good to get a copy of your CR and then cancel. Even though it is a free CR, sometimes I dread hearing the sales pitch and having to say, "No thank you," a dozen times.


Score Watch and myFICO quarterly monitoring (TU) are actual Fico scores. Other websites offer FAKO scores. 


Yes...this is about the only place to get FICO scores. However, the call to CS is also required here, even though they say you can cancel in an email to which they never respond. A call is pretty much a necessity to cancel here as well.

 photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsfp2spvpa.jpg
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,568
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: Why all the hassle with canceling Credit Monitoring?


HiLine wrote:

How many online subscription services do you have that allow you to cancel without calling?


Well...none. That's my point. You can NEVER just cancel without calling...Smiley Surprised

 photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsfp2spvpa.jpg
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.