Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I so impatient!!!

tag
dstew201
Regular Contributor

Why am I so impatient!!!

It is me? Am I the only one that's constantly paying before the charges post!  I have 3 or 4,  cards, AMEX, Discover, and Cap1, with a negative balance (credit) so far!!!

Why do they take so damn long to post!!!   I'm trying to rebuild here!!  Grrr!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why am I so impatient!!!

Maybe just try to only pay once a week - that way things will have almost always posted - and then check more often close to statement cut.   I plan on paying on Fridays - I only get paid twice a month - but I want to run as much through the cards as possible.   So I'll charge during the week - and pay off on Friday - that way it's clean for the weekend.

I also plan to pay some utilities through the cards - those I"ll pay off out of our joint account - (since my husband and I both contribute to it equally for the household bills)  but again - I plan to pick one day of the week and pay it off ....then maybe I won't go nuts checking it daily!

Message 2 of 10
dstew201
Regular Contributor

good point! I'm trying not to become OCD, but I find myself checking multiple times a day! Smiley Sad  Maybe there's a support group out there! 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i find this whole rebuilding thing very addicting.   I'm on MyFico forums most of the day trying to find new or other things I should be doing - I am contantly checking the places I can check my scores for free - I'm constantly watching my inbox for a reply on my GW letters......I'm like totally OCD about all this right now.   It's pretty crazy - I definitely need a support group. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 10
dstew201
Regular Contributor

LOL!! Glad to see I'm not alone!! Between the work computer, home computer, and apps, I find myself consumed with gathering info!! Wish I had of known 50% of this years ago... So I find myself trying to catch up quick, but I need to remember it's a marathon not a sprint!!

Good luck to you with your goals!!  Hope to find you on the other side of 700!!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dstew201 wrote:

It is me? Am I the only one that's constantly paying before the charges post!  I have 3 or 4,  cards, AMEX, Discover, and Cap1, with a negative balance (credit) so far!!!

Why do they take so damn long to post!!!   I'm trying to rebuild here!!  Grrr!!

That should not hurt anything, it will be treated by the scoring algorithm as a $0 balance. As long as you have your one "reporting" card showing a small balance you're good.

You're not trying some complex card rotation scheme where you try to have a different card show a balance each month are you?

Message 6 of 10
dstew201
Regular Contributor

Nononono... I'm trying to pay down the balances on my current cards. Just feeling impatient about getting it all down to $0.00!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dstew201 wrote:
Nononono... I'm trying to pay down the balances on my current cards. Just feeling impatient about getting it all down to $0.00!

You know that the only *balance* that is factored into scoring is the "statement balance" at the end of the cycle? Your daily balance at any other time is meaningless as far as scoring is concerned..

Message 8 of 10
adifferentme
Contributor

Try paying a little before your due date
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adifferentme wrote:
Try paying a little before your due date

You actually need to pay more attention to the statement date, where they 'put it in stone' and report to the CRBs.

You must also meet the due date of course.

I make sure the payment is in and after the statement cuts, I start using it again.

As far as being impatient goes - it usually takes awhile to get improvements that 'stick'.  If you have no more baddies report, your scores will improve and the old baddies will age.  After 12 months, not so important, after 24, less important, etc.

hth

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.