cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are collections not listed under collections on CR?

tag
Shokk
Established Contributor

Why are collections not listed under collections on CR?

I did some searching on here, but came up empty.  Why do collections accounts not appear under collections on my CR? They do show up under negative accounts, but only 1 (for an old cell phone bill) shows as collection.  They do list as a factoring company.  Would that do it?

The status does say collection account, so I'm curious.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Why are collections not listed under collections on CR?

It has to do with the way the CA codes it or some error with the CRAs putting it in the wrong section.

I would contact the CRA and ask them why a 3rd party collections is showing up in accounts when it is NOT an account.

Not too sure about the factoring company.  They are still considered a debt buyer.

Message 2 of 5
Shokk
Established Contributor

Any effect on score?  I'm hoping to have them gone completely soon.  If there's no effect on the score, I may just wait it out.

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No matter where they are located, if collections is in the account anywhere, FICO scores it as a collections.

The only downfall to reporting in your accounts sections is they are probably factored into your utilization.

Message 4 of 5
Shokk
Established Contributor

None are being factored into util, thankfully.

I'll be glad when all this is done.  Had a Midalnd account deleted from TU because they didn't respond, but EQ verified same account.  Midland is the only CA who hasn't reponded at all to my DV letters.  Wish they would hurry up.  They have 9 more days.

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.