Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are they reporting as revolving?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Why are they reporting as revolving?

Is there anyway that this collection account can be disputed for reporting as revolving when in reality its not an account only a collection! National Credit Adjusters just placed on my moms reports and it reports as revolving on Equifax and a regular collection on Experian. Odd thing is she doesnt even owe this money she paid the OC long time ago, because the OC was even garnishing money from her account! SOL runs out on this collection next month i will write a DV letter then!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why are they reporting as revolving?

I too have a collection reporting as a revolving account...LVNV Funding is being reported as a revolving account on all my reports...I figure sometimes of it hurts me more since it's there rather than being in the collection area..I don't know...
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting a collection as revolving is a violation. Start keeping track of violations. Once SOL runs, you may be able to use their violations as leverage for a deletion.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

slyhouse08 wrote:
I too have a collection reporting as a revolving account...LVNV Funding is being reported as a revolving account on all my reports...I figure sometimes of it hurts me more since it's there rather than being in the collection area..I don't know...

I wondered and asked. If it mentions collections anywhere on the account, even under remarks, it is counted as a collection.
Message 4 of 13
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

i asked the same but you can dispute the "worst deliqency from 120 (or whatever it says) to say CO
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 5 of 13
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Well now i dont see it reporting as a revolving, but they are reporting as an open account, and has placed 120 or more days late. Is there anything i can do?

I dont know if anyone is familiar with equifax score watch and credit watch but they have listed this new collection as oldest account and thus screwing up Length of credit history and Average account age!(showing zero history).

The CA is National Credit Adjusters but now the account owner is showing as International Financial SE...(heard of them?) This is definitely not an account only a collection which has already been paid..If anyone has a good dispute letter please post!

I cant let them get away with this, like i said before SOL runs out on 6/1/08 and i cant wait!

Equifax Score dropped from 525 to 511! Arggh!Smiley Mad

By the way this is my mothers credit report!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 05-09-2008 08:49 AM
Message 6 of 13
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Can someone help a brother out? BUMP BUMP BUMP!Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

slyhouse08 wrote:

If FICO knows it's a CA reporting a derog TL (not a collection), it shouldn't hurt your scores rather you have an unpaid balance or not. Derog is derog! Anything reported by a CA will have a negative affect to your scores, but the good news is unpaid balances being reported by the dirt bag CAs does not factor in FICO util calculations. LVNV, AFNI, Portfolio and Pacific Palisades use these types of tactics thinking it will tank your scores more, but in reality they're stupid and know NOTHING about credit scoring. I better not get started with the CAs I ljust isted...it's very easy for me to go ape sh*t!
Message 8 of 13
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

But in my case are CA's allowed to report collections as open accounts and then place 120 days late on that account?
Message 9 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

This message has been moved to create a new thread in the "rebuilding your credit" forum

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.