Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why didn't someone warn me first! Cap One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why didn't someone warn me first! Cap One

I sent a GW letter to Capital One who took over Orchard a couple of years ago.  The account has been closed, but shows one late payment.  All I asked was for consideration in removal of that one late payment.  Capital One closed that account after they took over Orchard stating that they were no longer using it for secured cards.  Immediately afterward offering me a Cap One Platinum card.  ???  I have two open cards with them right now in excellent standing. 

Today I received a letter from them stating:

~The information matched theirs and that it was accurate.  (I NEVER stated it as "inaccurate.") 

~In addition, we placed a disagreement of dispute on your credit files. (WHAT)

DISPUTE, REALLY?  It was a letter of GW people!

I wish I had NEVER opened up that can of worms with them.  I'm trying so hard to clean up my credit reports, not add negativity to them.  Wish I'd know ahead of time to not ever try dealing with them.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why didn't someone warn me first! Cap One

Decided to send an email to the CEO.  Will see what can get accomplished.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did this to me also.  I had to call the CRA to get it removed after emailing and sending a letter to them that it was a GW and not a dispute.  Even the online chat was not helpful.

Message 3 of 5
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes they are a PITA. My first gw I mailed and they did the same to me. Only deal with EO. However, don't hold your breath for a gw. I've been denied 3 times already Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I don't even WANT the GW anymore.  Just take the ridiculous DISPUTE remark off my reports!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.