cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do CAs take off a baddie while you are waiting for their response to a DV?

tag
George528
Contributor

Why do CAs take off a baddie while you are waiting for their response to a DV?

I sent 4 DV letters and 3 have removed the mark all together but 1 told me that they will do that tamporarily while they investigate and it will go  back on potentially.   Why do they remove them?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Why do CAs take off a baddie while you are waiting for their response to a DV?

Because they don't have a valid reason for it being on there, so they do an investigation to see why it was there in the first place.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why do CAs take off a baddie while you are waiting for their response to a DV?

@George528 wrote:

I sent 4 DV letters and 3 have removed the mark all together but 1 told me that they will do that tamporarily while they investigate and it will go  back on potentially.   Why do they remove them?  

A timely DV places a cease collection activity on the CA until such time as they do answer your DV, if they are already reporting there is no law that says they have to remove the TL but some do just to be sure they are not running afoul of the FDCPA. They also may not be able to validate and are in the process of sending the collection back to the OC...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.