Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do PFD take so long to report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do PFD take so long to report?

General question for anyone with inside info or relevant expertise.

If a PFD is negotiated then axecuted and the CA issues a request for deletion of the trade line . Why does Experian seemingly process within a day and the others take significantly longer? 

In a digital age where inquiries and other events hit within a day of being transmitted it seems there is something "more" to it then just "it takes a while" at the other 2 bureaus

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why do PFD take so long to report?

@Anonymous wrote:

General question for anyone with inside info or relevant expertise.

If a PFD is negotiated then axecuted and the CA issues a request for deletion of the trade line . Why does Experian seemingly process within a day and the others take significantly longer? 

In a digital age where inquiries and other events hit within a day of being transmitted it seems there is something "more" to it then just "it takes a while" at the other 2 bureaus

EX is the only up to date CRA, they are the largest and the ones with the deepest pockets. The other 2 CRAs are still operating on platforms that are decades old, they are much smaller and dont have the funds EX does to keep their systems state of the art. If the deletion has showed on EX it can take up to 2 weeks for the others to also delete.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks you gdale6. That makes sense however being in the technology mgmt / data business myself I also recognize that the fact that inquiries and collection appear in near-real-time then deletions which there is a much lower volume of should also follow suit Smiley Wink 

I think that there is more money to be made and incentive to list inquiries and collections other updates somehow lol

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks you gdale6. That makes sense however being in the technology mgmt / data business myself I also recognize that the fact that inquiries and collection appear in near-real-time then deletions which there is a much lower volume of should also follow suit Smiley Wink 

I think that there is more money to be made and incentive to list inquiries and collections other updates somehow lol

It also depends on how the creditor or CA does their reporting, if its with manual forms the processing time can be 30-60 days with EX being the first as they have a large staff opposed to the other 2 who operate on a much smaller scale & staff. Electronic requests for inquries are easy to track and they do appear within milliseconds.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are good points.

In this case the CA sent the update for deletion electronically via e-Oscar 5/4 and EX removed those entries within 1 day on 5/5.

I fully agree with your points about size, resources and processing time etc. However the difference between EX and TU/EQ seems very disporoportionate for deltions to all other activities regarding tradeline changes no?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

To add to the mix and since I am a glutton for punishment I contacted EQ today to inquire as to any information availability. Being careful to make clear I wasnt disputing anything......... their offshore call center had no idea about anything regarding the delete . Like no idea and said they have no information and show no pending changes or updates. I didnt have the patience to call TU and hear their story LMAO

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.