Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do credit reports show

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Why do credit reports show

A collection is a collection and is scored as a collection by FICO, no matter where it may show up on your CR. 

I still am not sure why some show up in the account section and others in the collection section.  Is the collection section only for 3rd party collections?  If it is the CRAs could be misplacing it due to something coded incorrectly.  But it is still scored as a collection.

Message 11 of 12
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Re: Why do credit reports show

right. i got that it is a collection. but i am questioning why it is not showing as a negative on the other, where as before it did. it still remains on one. and what is interedting too is, my scores have gone up with the others. but that could be due to several factors. regarding your quextion. it is the ca that first premier bank sent the account to. so i guess that is a 3rd party secetion. it just says "collections" on fico. fico has several tabs for viewing your score repirt etc. one of those tab navigation says, collection. that is where i had seen 2 ca reports. one is gone because i'd paid them a pay and delete.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.