cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does a collection agency pull your credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why does a collection agency pull your credit report?

Thanks gdtobefree!

It is good to know that you can send an unknown debt letter.

Let - I hope this works out for you - please keep us posted and let us know what happens when you contact them.

Message 11 of 14
let
Regular Contributor

Re: Why does a collection agency pull your credit report?/update

After scouring the internet I found that RPM works with sprint.  I called sprint and they did find where yes it was set to go to collections, but since I paid and the account is current, it should not report to the CB's.  She was trying to get a hold of them for me (conference call) but it's Sunday, so I'll call Sprint tomorrow to make sure.  According to the rep I spoke to as long as the acct gets paid for/current the pull it from the CB's.  According to myfico report, there is no new collection just a new inquiry.
Message 12 of 14
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Well that is a good deal then. BUT don't be surprised if they still persue this. RPM is NOT the brightest crayon in the box and will rub off on the other colors next to them.

Good job on your PI work.

Message 13 of 14
let
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the help!  According to my "research" they are shady and hav lots of complaints against them. I'll keep you updated Circ!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.