cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my Bank of America charge off change from CO to Late and flip flop at random?

tag
Terrie1977
New Contributor

Why does my Bank of America charge off change from CO to Late and flip flop at random?

This account was a charge off as of 2007. Its listed as charge off status on CR.

However, it flips, with no certain rhyme or reason ,from late to CO for a few months, then late again.

It is showing late as of December 2011 and according to my FICO score, this is hurting because it looks like a "fresh" late payment.

BOA wont speak to me about the account. They said it was turned over to NCO, although NCO or BOA has not made attempts ot collect.

Its like the account it in limbo.

Current Score : 625 FICO 03/07/2012
05/11/2012 641 FICO
06/03/2012 671 FICO
06/18/2012 678 FICO
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why does my Bank of America charge off change from CO to Late and flip flop at random?

Which service are you using to view the report?

For the CO itself, I'd send a PFD. After a few attempted, I'd just pay it and GW later.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Why does my Bank of America charge off change from CO to Late and flip flop at random?

Most major creditors, or which BOA is certainly one, send regular monthly reporting to the CRAs.  They often include accounts in which no new action has actually occured, and just "update" in the sense that they report that whatever prior status was in effect continues.

They may be alternately reporting the CO and then the last delinquency as the most recent status.  Not correct, but not a biggie.  The dates of the CO and of the last delinquency stand on their own merits as their dates of occurence.  Current status is not necessarily, and usually isnt,the reporting of a new derog.

If your report clearly indicates that they have incorrectly reported an inaccurate item of information, they might not want to talk to you on the phone about it, but they will have to respond to a dispute.  If truly inaccurate, send them a direct dispute.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.