cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my report show I disputed when I didn't?

tag
gummiebear
New Contributor

Re: Why does my report show I disputed when I didn't?

Good idea. My sister was complaining about a $30 charge because she changed her cable company. The first cable company wanted their equipment back and she returned it but they gave her the wrong address to return. They put a $30 late charge on her credit because they didn't get equipment back in time. she refused to pay it. She went to Macy's and they turned down her credit application. She was very upset because she's always had excellent credit. It's easier just to play their game. Sad but true.
Message 11 of 13
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@Mike_B03 wrote:

I ended up cancelling the dispute. It was for $37.00 from a service I disputed that wasn't performed. I'd rather pay the $37.00 than have it mess up my mortgage.

Make sure it gets removed from your CR.

How do I make sure it gets removed from the CR? Just call Capital One and request it or...?

Message 12 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, they instigated the dispute when you disputed the charge. They are the ones that will need to have the CRA remove it. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.