Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't anyone answer me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why doesn't anyone answer me?

I have two medical collections on my Equifax report that One is paid ( DOLA 1/1/05) and the other is not ( DOLA 3/1/07).  The CA is reporting.  I called the OC "emergency services"  to find out the actual dates of services to figure out it the dates reported were correct.  I had thought that both were paid, but of course the OC proceeded to tell me it was not.  I fully admit that it was a mix up on my part ,my two boys had been to the ER 4x within a couple of years so I thought that I had paid them both.  Well the OC proceeded to tell me that she would tell the CA that she is willing to take $20 off the amount, right then I knew I did the wrong thing.  Come to find out instead of 2 collections reporting there are 4!!!!!  They refreshed the date of reporting to June 1 2010!  What do I do now?  I have put a dispute into the CRA..  Do I call the CA and PIF if removed?  I have put in a request to verifiy these collections with the CRA and the only thing on my report is that "the cosumer disputes this account" it does not say "verified" what do I do now?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why doesn't anyone answer me?

Bump.

Message 2 of 9
mauve
Valued Contributor

Are there really 4?  Or is the 4 a double reporting of the 2?

Contact the OC and ask them to recall the collection from the CA.  Do not talk to the CA until you decide if you want to pursue the HIPAA process (if you can't make progress with the OC). 

Check out the HIPAA process - I recently posted my experience with the process.  To find the HIPAA process, you'll have to google it.  Add "whychat" to your search and you might have better results.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto to mauve. At one point, this forum posted information about the HIPAA process, but that's no longer the case. As mentioned, google "HIPAA process" and you'll see steps to take on removing paid medical debt and what to do when dealing with unpaid medical debt.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

There should be only 2 Medical collections.  I made the mistake of calling the OC regarding the "unpaid" one.  She in turn contacted the CA and they "reaged" the collection to 6/1/10.  Who by the way was different from the original CA.  I don't know if the OC changed CAs or what but they transfered my info (even the $0 balance one) to a NEW CA.  I had talked to the OC and they would not delete if PIF.  She said that I would have to contact the CA, which I knew wasn't a good idea.  I googled Whychats HIPPA process yesterday.  I had sent the OC a HIPPA before and their reply was:

"Your account has been paid in full with the CA and reflects a zero balance of your CRl.  Your account will not be deleted from your credit, but rather show paid in full.  Your account was reported to the CA without any knowledge of errors and was reported accurately.  We retain a HIPAA Business associated agreement with the CA, which allows us to release PHI so they may function on our behalf.  Your outstanding balance with our company was reported to the three credit bureaus which they applied to your existing credit file with their bureau.  Our company or the collection agency did not release any PHI to the credit bureau."

So you think that I should call the OC and ask if they will recall the accounts so I can pay them and not the CA?  Then will the CA have to delete?  Should I continue with the HIPPA process? Or should I just go straight to filing a complaint with the OCR?

Message 5 of 9
mauve
Valued Contributor

You sent them a different HIPAA letter? 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had started the HIPPA process a year ago to no avail.  I thought that BOTH were paid until I talked with the OC.  The OC says that they are within the HIPPA guidelines even with the paid account and refuse to delete.  Now that they have changed CA I am prepared to start the HIPPA process again.  I would like to know if there is a shorter, faster way to take care of this.

Message 7 of 9
mauve
Valued Contributor

1) are they both reporting?

2) who is the new CA?  does anyone in the forums have experience with them?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they are both reporting on EQ but not on TU or EX.  I did check my CR yesterday and they are only reporting 2 now instead of 4 which is a plus, and my dispute is still pending.  The NEW CA is MACD Inc. out of Tampa FL.  I don't remember seening them in the forum but I didn't know until just recently that the CA changed.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.