cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is AMEX looking at my CR

tag
dockfam

Why is AMEX looking at my CR

I was just looking at my current Experian CR and under the section that says "Inquiries only shared with you" I see that AMEX has been looking at my credit almost every month for the past year.  Why would they be doing this - I haven't applied with them because I know I wouldn't get approved.  I have a score of around 620.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is AMEX looking at my CR

@dockfam wrote:

I was just looking at my current Experian CR and under the section that says "Inquiries only shared with you" I see that AMEX has been looking at my credit almost every month for the past year.  Why would they be doing this - I haven't applied with them because I know I wouldn't get approved.  I have a score of around 620.

These are inquiries screening you to send you a pre approved or a special invitation to apply for their card, when you report comes in line with what they are looking for you will receive an offer in the mail to app for one of their cards.

Message 2 of 4
konabill
Regular Contributor

1. If you currently have Amex they will close your account if your credit profile drops to unhealthy levels. 

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 3 of 4
dockfam

I don't have a card with AMEX.  I'd love to have one but my scores are only in the mid 600s right now.  I have 2 collection items that I need to get rid of and only about 5 open lines right now.  All reporting perfect payments for the last 3 years but still need a longer AoA I would think for my score to go up high enough.  Glad to know they are watching tho!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.