Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Equifax such a pain???

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: Why is Equifax such a pain???

@medicgrrl wrote:
If you Google Equifax, you can find the name and email address for the CEO and VP. I'm not sure if you'll get a response, but I had luck with TU by going through the EO.

Thanks!  I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should add in here that my opinion (and I've voiced this to my representatives) is that the FCRA and FDCPA are both missing one huge piece of the reporting puzzle: the consumer shouldn't just have a right to seeing our credit report, we should also have a right to seeing exactly what data is reported, verified, validated and exchanged with the CRAs from third parties.

Sure, the reports have the data showing in a specific format, but it would be really nice to see the raw data furnished as well.  Would help in situations like this, for sure.  That way, no finger pointing.  If the bank says "we furnished it!" and the data furnished isn't accurate, you know who to sue.

Message 12 of 21
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@A1Credit wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:
If you Google Equifax, you can find the name and email address for the CEO and VP. I'm not sure if you'll get a response, but I had luck with TU by going through the EO.

Thanks!  I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

Well no luck.  I found an email address for Richard Smith, the CEO, and sent an email only for it to ping back as blocked.

Message 13 of 21
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Equifax-Willfully-Violating-FCRA-Advise-Execu...

Scroll to the last comment on that thread and there's additional contact information.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 14 of 21
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Equifax-Willfully-Violating-FCRA-Advise-Execu...

Scroll to the last comment on that thread and there's additional contact information.

That's the exact email address I used.  I am beyond frustrated at this point.  Do you think I should try maybe some of the other email addresses listed?  Maybe someone other than the CEO can help.  What do you think?

Message 15 of 21
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Yes, I would email the others listed. If you can get anyone in the EO to listen, it's a start!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 16 of 21
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:
Yes, I would email the others listed. If you can get anyone in the EO to listen, it's a start!

@Anonymous @medicgrrl and @Anonymous,

I wanted to update you guys on my issue with Equifax.  After sending the email to someone on the executive staff, I received a call from a nice woman on the executive staff.  She was able to locate the issue, which was Equifax had blocked the AU account to prevent any further reporting when I terminated the AU back in June so when it was re-added the updates were blocked.  She went in and manually removed the block so that the update will now appear.  2 months of battling it out have come to an end.  I am so happy to get this resolved.

They are still investigating the issue with my mortgage company and I am starting to think that my mortgage company is at fault on this one since they have not reported an update since May.

Thanks to both of you guys for your help and suggestions! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting someone to help and at least getting 1 issue resolved so far!  I'm glad they're working on the mortgage issue too.  Please keep us updated!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 18 of 21
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:

Congrats on getting someone to help and at least getting 1 issue resolved so far!  I'm glad they're working on the mortgage issue too.  Please keep us updated!

I will and thanks again.  I would like to personally congratulate you on your promotion to Community Leader.  You deserve it!!! Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 21
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@A1Credit wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:

I will and thanks again.  I would like to personally congratulate you on your promotion to Community Leader.  You deserve it!!! Smiley Wink

Thank you!  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.