Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my TU so much higher?

tag
eugenepark81
Established Member

Why is my TU so much higher?

MyFICO has my Equifax score at 653, I got my Experian score directly from them and it's 626, and my TransUnion score from truecredit.com is 725 wiht a "C" ranking.  First of all, how is my TU so much higher than the others?  The TU credit report more or less reflects the same items and amounts as the other reports.  Also, why is a 725 score a "C" rating?  I thought anything over 700 was really good....

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Why is my TU so much higher?

your FICO TU score is more then likely not that high, considering their (TRUECREDIT.COM) scale goes to 990 something....

I have a 680 TU Score from truecredit.com but in all reality i have a 596 FICO TU or something like that... 

Edit: Fixed minor clerical issue xD 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 8
eugenepark81
Established Member

That's confusing.  I thought a TU score was a TU score.  Thanks

Message 3 of 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

LOL among the three different agencies, there are probably 6-20 different types or scores x.x 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Most lenders, creditors, banks etc etc use FICO scores to determine your credit worthiness. Most other scoring models are meaningless. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@eugenepark81 wrote:

MyFICO has my Equifax score at 653, THis is a true FICO score.I got my Experian score directly from them and it's 626, and my TransUnion score from truecredit.com is 725 wiht a "C" ranking.  First of all, how is my TU so much higher than the others?  The TU credit report more or less reflects the same items and amounts as the other reports.  Also, why is a 725 score a "C" rating?  I thought anything over 700 was really good....

The EQ score from myFICO is the only true FICO of those you listed. EX sells you what is called a "Plus" score but no lender uses it. TrueCredit sells VantageScores and although a few lenders use the VS it's not very reliable in my opinion. Also the score range for VS is 501-990 wheres FICO's range from 300-850. That is why your VS is just scored as a "C" because a 725 on a scale that goes to 990 is not all that good.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Wal Mart now offers a TU score to those who have their store card and the Discover version.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score found here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous_V wrote:

your FICO TU score is more then likely not that high, considering their scale goes to 900 something....

I have a 680 TU Score from truecredit.com but in all reality i have a 596 FICO TU or something like that... 

I'm confused by this as well. FICO TU scores only go to 850. Did you mean the TrueCredit VantageScore that goes up to 990?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Did you mean the TrueCredit VantageScore that goes up to 990?

Yes lol good catch!! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.