cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the collection agency on my CR different than the one I paid a debt to?

tag
tangerinze
New Contributor

Why is the collection agency on my CR different than the one I paid a debt to?

I paid my debt to Ability Recovery Services, and when I got my paid statement in the mail it had an address in Wyoming, PA------ online their website says their address is 1, Montage Mountain Rd, Moosic, PA.

The colleciton on my credit report is for American Credit and Collections, LLC at that same address (1 Montage Mountain Rd, Moosic PA) but when I looked them up their website says their address is in Taylor, PA.

1) why did I pay my debt to a different creditor than what's on my credit report?

2) does anyone know what's with the addresses?

I wanted to write them a goodwill letter but now I'm not sure if I should since maybe the collection will be listed twice or differently? Can I disupute it since the addresses are all over the place or will that make it worse? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is the collection agency on my CR different than the one I paid a debt to?

They can't list twice, so that's not a problem.

Best course of action is a simple one.  Write a GW to the one "listed" on your CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
tangerinze
New Contributor

Re: Why is the collection agency on my CR different than the one I paid a debt to?

Ok new question. ACC, LCC is listed on my transunion credit report. and the other is listed on my equifax. Now how do I know?

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.