Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is this CO different on all 3?

tag
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

Why is this CO different on all 3?

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this account shows differently on all 2 CRAs? 

CB/VICSCRTMore about this account >>  
unkownTransUnion Experian Equifax
  Account #:**** ** *** 
  Condition:PaidDerogatoryTransferred
  Balance:$0$0$0
  Type:Charge accountCharge accountCharge account
  Pay Status:CurrentCollection/ChargeoffCurrent

unkown

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Why is this CO different on all 3?

@SSPA87 wrote:

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this account shows differently on all 2 CRAs? 

CB/VICSCRTMore about this account >>  
unkownTransUnion Experian Equifax
  Account #:**** ** *** 
  Condition:PaidDerogatoryTransferred
  Balance:$0$0$0
  Type:Charge accountCharge accountCharge account
  Pay Status:CurrentCollection/ChargeoffCurrent

unkown

It's just the way the individual CRAs report.  They each say the same thing, 

Message 2 of 8
jojomomma
Regular Contributor

They don't look like they say the same thing to me, perhaps I'm missing something?  Transunion looks/reads to me like a positive TL but its a derogatory on Experian. 

11/2011 FICO .................TU 672 ...........EQ 654........... EX 649
03/2015 FICO; .. TU 710.... EQ 721 ....,,,,.EX 722

Cap1 6850, Discover 17,600, WM Discover 6000, Chase 2500, Citi Simplicity 2600, Citi Dbl Cash 2,600, Home Dpt 500, VS 1200
Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You are correct!  I saw charge account and misread it as charge off.

Yes, TU and EQ show positive TLs.

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The $0 balance can indicate two different things, depending upon the circumstances of the debt.

It could mean the debt was paid back into good-standing with the OC, or that they sold the debt.

The EQ reporting seems to indicate the debt was sold.

Was the account previously charged-off, then paid back into good-standing, and currently open with the OC, or was it sold?

Message 5 of 8
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

It was sold to Asset Acceptance who is no longer reporting on my CRs due to them reporting incorrectly and I filed a BBB dispute.  Asset Acceptance ceased collections, closed their file and removed their tradelines from my CRs.  I just was so confused when I saw this... do I just do nothing?  The dates are all different and everything.  Do I just leave it be? 

@RobertEG wrote:

The $0 balance can indicate two different things, depending upon the circumstances of the debt.

It could mean the debt was paid back into good-standing with the OC, or that they sold the debt.

The EQ reporting seems to indicate the debt was sold.

Was the account previously charged-off, then paid back into good-standing, and currently open with the OC, or was it sold?

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The TL from EQ says specifically the debt was paid.  To me that indicates an account in good standing.

Message 7 of 8
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

The TL from EQ says specifically the debt was paid.  To me that indicates an account in good standing.

I know, isn't that strange?  I am so confused... I may call them and inquire about opening/reopening the account and see if I can turn it into a definite positive tradeline... 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.